#24

“Love In Summer”

I was in grade 5, when my Auntie told me to go with her in Iloilo. I agreed 'cause my mom allowed me to go too.

Their province is astounding. We're near to a rice field, and just a few walk you'll be able to reach the nearest sea here. You'll hear birds singing while flying in the sky, and you'll feel the fresh air touching your skin.

I met my cousins here, their names were George and Ashley. They are kind. So kind. We already talked such things though we're not that close, it was like we're already bestfriends.

I went outside, and sat on a bench there. I savored the fresh air that touching my skin, it  feels good. It was sunny, but I didn't feel any heat.

I looked at the guy that's buying on my Auntie's store. I think he's already 18. For he's really tall, but his body is just accurate to his height.

"Ley. Can I have one marlboro lights?" he said then gave the payment to Ashley. He took the cigarette immediately and lighted it. I coughed when I smelled the smoke of the cigarette. This boy was annoying!

"Kuya, do you know that smoking is bad?" I asked, his forehead creased, and pointed himself. I nodded.

"Ah yeah?" He answered with unsure tone. I walked near him, and look up. He's freaking tall.

"But why do you keep on smoking? Do you know that it can cause you bad breath?" I asked again, but he just laughed.

"You're cute." he said while laughing. He tousled my hair and after that he left. What's the problem of that chainsmoker?! tss.

I irritatedly went inside the store of my Auntie. I found Ashley eating a biscuit there.

"Hey, Beia, you looked pissed?" asked Ashley confusedly, I irritatedly combed my hair. That boy was ridiculous! He tousled my hair to think that we didn't even know each other.

"That máma was annoying, he tousled my hair. So I have to comb my hair again." I muttered  then pouted. Ashley's forehead creased.

"Mama? My mother?" she asked, I immediately shook my head.

"No! It wasn't Auntie. It's the one who bought cigarette earlier." I answered. She slowly nodded.

"Ahhh! Janjan? His name is Janjan." she uttered. His name is Janjan? What a smelly name was, like his breath hehe. I'm still pissed with him, but every time I remembered what he said, that I am cute, the hate that I'm feeling was slowly fading away.

"You look crazy, Beia. Earlier you were looked so pissed and then now you're smiling. Are you using drugs? I'll tell this to mom." she said. I don't know why I'm smiling too, It's bizarre.

"Eh? Look at that, you're widely smiling again." she added.

"Ley... Who's that boy again?" I asked again. Her forehead creased again. Why does she always creasing her forehead? She looks our lola indeed.

"Who?" she asked back. I wagged my head and sighed.

"The one who bought a cigarette?" I answered, she nodded slowly.

"Janjan? why? You have a crush on him? He's like a brother to us, tell me do you have a crush on him?" she teased. I immediately shook my head.

"N-no.. And.. W-why? How old is he already?" I asked. I avoided my eyes on her, she can maybe recognize If I'm lying or not. I don't really have a crush on that Janjan. Ashley was right, he's like a brother to us. So why would I dare to like him?

"I think he's already 16?" she answered. We were shocked when someone had talked.

"You like Janjan? I will tell him that you like him. Besides we're close so I can tell him immediately that you like him." George teased me. We're not calling him kuya, for he doesn't like to be called Kuya 'cause he think he look older when someone's calling him like that. Duh, he's really old in fact.