Chapter 10

During dinner Kendall and I were quiet. We sat far away from each other. Avoiding any kind of contact. Did we just almost kiss? I don't even know what to think. I mean, I don't like her. Not saying that she isn't beautiful. She probably is one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. She's really fun and kind and sweet... wait. Why am I thinking those things? I don't know, maybe I do like her. It doesn't matter anyway. I mean she's Kendall Jenner. There's no way she could like me, it was just the moment. She saw I was crying and wanted to comfort me. Yeah, it has to be that. There is no other explanation. Right?

"Josh!" Cara shouted.

"What? What happened?"

"You were zoning out. Is something wrong?" she asked.

Due to my actual condition, in the moment she said that everyone stopped talking and looked at me, even Kendall.

"Everything is okay. I'm just a bit tired. I think I'm going to go to bed." I said, standing up and taking my plate to the kitchen.

I went to my room and laid on my bed. I wasn't really tired so I just grabbed my phone and went to instagram until finally I fell asleep.

I woke up next morning and everyone was still sleeping. I wasn't hungry so I decided to explore this house. Maybe I could find something to do. After twenty minutes I only found a storeroom and like 6 bathrooms. How many bathrooms does a person needs? I opened a door and I was surprised to see a gym. It wasn't really big, it just had the basic stuff... and a boxing sac. I remember Gigi saying she liked boxing. I entered the gym and closed the door behind me. I walked slowly until I stood in front of that sac. Clenching my fists.

I gave everything to boxing. I gave up so many moments of fun, so much time with friends.

I had no friends and barely see my family. Now here I am. With a bunch of models and singers spending a week in a house in Malibu. If Dave could see me now. I wonder if he'd be proud.

"I went to your room and it was empty. I imagined you'd be here." I turned around and saw Kendall, standing in front of the door.

"Hey." I said turning around again and looking to the sac. She took a step closer, waiting for me to say something.

"Are we really going to act as if nothing happened?" She suddenly asked.

"Technically nothing happened."

She walked until she was standing behind me.

"Really Josh. Both now something happened last night."

"We didn't kiss."

"Only because Bella interrupted us."

"Wait... You wanted it to happen?" I said, turning around to face her.

"I don't know... maybe." She muttered looking to the floor.

Holy crap. What am I suppose to say now? One of my best friends wanted to kiss me. That's bad. I mean, I don't want to date anyone right now. I don't want a formal relationship. I suppose I like Kendall. But at the same time I'm afraid that it would destroy our friendship and make things awkward.

"I'm sorry but... I-I don't want to date anyone right now." I said very carefully. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I didn't know how to tell her this in a softer way.

"Oh... me neither." Well, that was a surprise. "I just thought that we have to talk about what happened yesterday. To clear things out."

"Oh... uh. Okay then. Things are clear now." I said, very confused.

"You know things between us will be very awkward from now on, right?" She said, stepping closer to me.

"They don't have to be. We are mature people."