Chapter 18

It's been a week since we came back from New York and Kendall's behavior was odd. After returning from Gigi's apartment in NY she didn't talk too much, but I just shrug it off as I imagined she had a hangover.

Right now I was cuddling with Kendall inside my cinema room. We were watching the movie Grown Ups. Kendall loved watching comedies, so I found really strange when she didn't laugh at any of the jokes of the movie.
I sighed and stopped the movie.

There was something bugging her and I needed to know what it was.

"Why did you stopped the movie?" She asked, shifting in the seat so she could look me on the eyes.

"I need to know what's wrong with you Ken." She looked surprised when I asked her that.

"It's nothing."

"Kendall, what's wrong? Is something I did?" I asked her. I just hoped I wasn't the reason she was so distant.

"No, of course you didn't do anything. I'm just a bit tired."

"Tired of what? We arrived here a week ago. And the only thing we've been doing is resting."

She stared to the floor and I knew I was better to not press any further.
So instead of asking her more questions, I lifted her chin with my finger so she could look to my face.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. Just remember. I love you, and I will be here for you if you ever want to talk about it. Okay?" I told her, caressing her cheeks.

She nodded and kissed me tenderly. After that, she just stood up and went out of the room. I just sighed and grabbed my phone to text Gigi.

Me- 'Hey G. U know what's wrong with Ken?'
GG- 'What do u mean?'
Me- 'She's been very distant since we came back from NY'
GG- 'Idk. But don't worry. I'll talk to her'
Me- 'Thanks G'

I hope Gigi is able to find out what's wrong with her.

The next week

Today is Kylie's birthday party. We are  going to a very famous club that she rented for the whole night. I was really looking forward to this party, because even though I don't drink, I don't need alcohol to have fun in a party. I still can laugh at my drunk friends.

I was going to pick up Kendall, but she called me an hour ago and told me that she was already with her family and that I didn't have to pick her up.

Kendall's still very distant. Gigi told me that Kendall was okay and that there was nothing wrong with her. But being her best friend, that could only mean that Gigi knew too and she wouldn't tell me about it.

That really pisses me off. Kendall's been doing her best to ignore me and today I intend to find out what the hell is wrong with her.

As my Uber drops me off at the party, I'm surrounded by freaking paparazzis. Great. When I didn't have any friends this didn't happen to me.
I entered in the club and immediately find Cara at the bar.
When she sees me, she smiles and waves me to go where she was.

"What's up mate!" She yelled as she bro hugged me.

"Are you already drunk?" I asked laughing as she tried to focus on me.

"No, why would you say that?" She slurred.

"Just asking." I laughed "Hey, have you seen Kendall?"
"Yeah, she's over there." She pointed towards a group of people in the corner of the club. "Actually they sent me to grab a few drinks but I just got distracted with something." She said, pointing at her drink.

"Okay, let's go eyebrows." I said and helped her to stand up. We walked towards our friends and I helped Cara to sit in the couch.
Right after that, I was greeted by everyone.
"Happy birthday Ky!" I said, hugging Kylie.
"Thanks Josh. Why were you so late though?"
"I had to help Cara to get here. She's not in the best condition right now."
"For your information, I'm perfectly fine." She whined.
"Yeah? Try saying 'Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers'."
"Peper Piter... Peter Piper pited... Oh fuck!" We all laughed as Cara wasn't able to say that tongue twister.
I spotted Kendall sitting quietly in the couch. She was staring at me, but when I looked at her, she quickly turned her head. I guess this is the moment.

"Kendall, can we talk for a moment?" I asked her. She nodded and followed me towards the bathroom.

We entered the bathroom and thank God it was empty. To make sure it continue that way, I locked the door.

"What do you wanted to talk about?" She asked.
"I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" I asked her. "Kendall what's wrong? We were perfectly fine and after we came back from New York you've been acting as if you don't even wanna be in the same room as me."
"It's not like that." She muttered.
"Then what is it?!" I said, maybe a bit too loud. But I was starting to lose my patience.
"You'll be very angry if I tell you." She said.
"I'll be even more angry if you don't. Kendall, why have you been acting in this way?"
"I just... In New York, when we went partying... I slept with another guy." She said, looking at the floor.
That left me shocked. Some part of my brain already expected something like this.
I've always been insecure about Kendall leaving me... I mean, she could literally do so much better than me. But at the same time I was hoping that it wasn't that.
"What?" I asked in disbelief.
"I was drunk but-"
"But you were aware of what was happening." She just nodded. "And yet, you didn't stop it."
She didn't answer. But I could see a tear slip down her cheek.
"That's why you've been ignoring me the past two weeks?"
"I just felt too guilty to be with you."
"So instead of telling me that you cheated on me, you decided it was best to ignore me and make me feel like a did something wrong."
"I'm very sorry Josh. I truly am." She said as she cried on my shoulder.
I just pushed her away in a delicate way.
"I think we should give us a break." I said.
"What?"
"You heard me." I said emotionless. Even though I was about to cry.
"But babe. I swear it didn't mean any thing. I really love you."
"That's... not the problem Kendall. Even if you slept with other guy, seeing as you were drunk, I'd be able to forgive you."
"Then why?" She cried.
"Because you lied to me Kendall. I asked you many times what was wrong. But you just ignored me every single time. I don't think I will be able to trust you again." I said, turning away to leave. Tears threatening to fall from my eyes.
"Babe, don't leave me! I love you, ple-"
"Don't... call me that. And don't say you love me, please." I left the bathroom and stormed out of the club.
This past weeks. Worrying about Kendall. Asking myself if she was angry with me. While she was just being an egotistical brat.
And all this time, Gigi knew? That also means Bella knew too, she was with them in New York.
And the others knew too? I guess this is it. It was fun. Having friends.
But once again, I'm alone.

A/N: Holy crap. I know I updated this story yesterday, but right now I have a lot of free time, so maybe I will post the next chapter tomorrow.
So, some big ass drama in this chapter. Tell me what you think about it.