Chapter 23

Kendall's POV

"So you must be here by 9 o'clock." I told Bella.

"Jeez, I know Kendall! You told us to be at 9 o'clock like ten times already." She said and all the others laughed.

The girls and I were at my house preparing a surprise birthday party for Josh.

Today is his birthday, and although he said that he didn't want any party, I'm going to do one anyway. It's not gonna be really big though, only our friends and family. I even took the courage to call their parents to invite them to the party. But they said they were too busy with their restaurant so they couldn't come.

"Don't you think he will get mad when he sees you made him a birthday party?" Asked Justin.

"Seriously? When have you seen Josh angry with Kendall?" Said Gigi, who was checking all the drinks for tonight.

"Hey! He gets mad at me sometimes." I complained.

"Really? What did he do when you accidentally threw his phone to the pool?" Said Kylie while she placed a tray with food on the table.

"He said it was fine." I muttered.

"And what did he do when you spilled tomato sauce all over him and his laptop?" Teased Cara.

"He laughed it off." I muttered again. Ok, maybe he doesn't get mad at me very much.

"See? Girl, that guy is completely in love with you. He never gets angry with you and always do what you ask him." Said Gigi.

"Ok so what's the plan for tonight?" Zayn asked.

"I'm going to have dinner with him at his house and then-"

"At his house? Won't you go to a restaurant or something?" Asked Bella.

"He said he prefers to cook dinner himself and doesn't want to go to a fancy place. He's weird, I know. Anyway, then I will tell him that my gift is in my house and we will come here."

"What if he doesn't want to come to your house and tells you to give him the gift any other day?" Asked Justin.

"Don't worry about that. I will convince him."

"Mmhmm. Naughty." Teased Kylie.

"Shut up." They all laughed and I grabbed my car keys. " I'm going to go now. Be sure everything-"

"Is ready by 9 o'clock. Just go with your boy." Mocked Hailey. I blushed and went out of my house and into my car.

Josh's POV

I just finished preparing everything when Kendall arrived to my house. I gave her a spare key, so she could come to my house any time she wants.

"Hello birthday boy." She said as I felt her arms hugging my waist from behind.

"Hey babe. You hungry?" I asked her, turning around and kissing her cheek.

"Very." She said and she kissed my lips.

I grabbed her hand and took her to the living room. There I prepared a table with some candles to make it more romantic.

"Isn't me the one who has to prepare all this to you?" Kendall asked as I pulled a chair so she could sit.

"I like doing it." I said as she sat on the chair.

I served the food, which was some pasta I just cooked.

"Really? You even cooked my favourite food?" I just shrugged and sat in front of her.

We ate and talked peacefully. I was happy to have a birthday like this. During the past years I practically forgot about my birthday. As I only focused on training I would forget about it sometimes. I prefer it this way though. Having dinner with the girl I'm in love with.

"Do you know when your next fight will be?" Kendall asked suddenly.

"Yeah, it will be in about 5 months."

"5 months? Why so long?"

"Well, apparently now that I am the champion I make a lot more money every fight. So I don't need to fight so many times a year."

"That's great." She said smiling.

"Yeah. Why did you ask though?"

"Well, I'm going with my family in one of those family trips my mother likes to organize. Kylie is bringing Travis, Kim will bring Kanye."

"And you want me to come?" She looked unsure.

"Only if you want to of course. My mom told me to ask you."

"Do you want me to come?" She was looking at her plate and she was blushing a lot.

"Well if you have nothing better to do. I think it would be fun and-"

"Kendall." I cut her off, causing her to look at me. "Do you want me to come?"

"Yeah, I would love if you come with me."

"Ok then. It's decided. I'm going." She smiled and leaned over the table to kiss me.

"I love you, you know that right?" She said resting her forehead on mine.

"Of course. And I love you too."

We finished having dinner and then Kendall cuddled with me as I turned on the TV.

"Babe, we have to go to my house." She said suddenly.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because I left there your birthday present." She whined.

"Ken, I told you not to buy me a present."

"Blah, blah, blah. You know, for being a guy who punch people for a living you really are a crybaby." She mocked.

I ignored her and focused my attention on the screen.

"Let's go, let's go." She repeated over and over while poking my cheek.

"Ugh. You're unbearable." I said, standing and grabbing my car keys.

"I know. It's one of the qualities you love so much about me."

We got into the car and I drove to her house. I was really close actually, but still, I wanted to watch Game of Thrones and cuddle with Kendall.

I parked on her driveway and grabbed my phone.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"What do you mean? I'm waiting for you to grab the present."

"Get out the car, you lazy ass." She said.

I groaned and stepped out of my car. I followed Kendall towards the front door, she looked really nervous, I wonder what did she buy for me.

"Surprise!!!" Lots of people shouted once we entered the house. I might look very surprised because everyone started laughing at me.

They all walked towards me to hug me one by one. I was surprised to see that all of Kendall's sisters were here and her mom too. Our friends were also here.

"What did I told you about a birthday party?" I asked Kendall, bringing her closer to me.

"That you loved me and that you love that I prepared this party?" She whispered in a seductive way.

"Exactly." I said kissing her.

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. I was very busy, but don't worry, I'm back! Comment your thoughts!