03 | Friends or Nah?

Alaska's POV~

I went back downstairs to the guys. I didn't really know what to think of Shawn right now. He used to be so nice. And now he's just..an ass.

"Hey, want me to call the rest of the guys? And Jess?" Cameron suggested. I nodded and he took out his phone. A few minutes later, he set it down.

"They'll be coming in about 10 minutes." He said, making all of us nod.

"While we're waiting, did we have homework?" I asked Ziana. "In math?"

She responded by shaking her head. I never really write down my homework for math, so I constantly need Ziana as a reminder to make up for it.

It was an awkward silence until the doorbell rang, which of course was everybody else that wasn't already here. Besides Shawn, of course.

Aaron, Jack J, Jack G, Matt, Carter, and Taylor came in after Cameron opened the door.

"Hey guysss." Nash said, rolling on his back so that his head is hanging off the couch but the rest of him is facing upward.

(you know what I mean okok)

"Where's Jess?" Jacob asked, looking around. In case you haven't notcied by now, Jess is his girlfriend.

(this is a fan fic things aren't real okok)

"Oh, she said she couldn't come. Talking about some like..problem she has to deal with." Cameron told Jacob. It's like..Sunday. However, Jacob nodded, and sat down on the nearest chair. No one spoke. It was an incredibly awkward silence.

To break the silence, someone knocked on the door. Since I was closest to the door, I had to open it. Oh, surprise surprise. Shawn Mendes, ladies and gentlemen!

"Hey." He said to me. I didn't want to be rude, so I just smiled. I got out of his way so he could enter my house.

"Sorry I haven't been like..nice or..conversational lately. Just a lot of family issues." Shawn said apologetically. Fucking lying ashole, his family is like two crossed fingers.

"Oh, okay. It's a'ight man." Nash said. Shawn smiled and looked over at me.

"Hey, can I still sit with you and Ziana at lunch?" Shawn asked me. I blinked, stsring at him.

"Are you serious?" I told him. He seemed confused.

"You have been a huge ass to me lately and now all of a sudden you want to be my best friend again?" I said to him. The rest of the guys and Ziana were talking amongst themselves.

"Look, I'm really really sorry Alaska. I haven't been in a good mood lately and my parents keep fighting and I'm not used to it. They're fighting over me, Ally." Shawn said a little more quiet. I felt bad.

"I'm sorry Shawn, but that doesnt mean you have to take it out only on me." I said to my best friend.

"I know, and I feel really bad." Shawn said. I saw him turn his head and mouth something to Taylor, and Taylor laughing. He doesn't mean any of this.

"What did he say to you Taylor?" I got up, ignoring Shawn. People stopped their conversations to see what Taylor had to say.

"I..uhm.." He hesitated. A soft chuckle came out of my mouth. I walked up the stairs into my room. Shawn is such a fucking ass. Everything is happening so fast, too fast. I hate this. I hard my mom downstairs.

"Sorry everyone, but you guys have to leave now." She said. I didn't hear anything else but 'bye's. I feel bad for yeling at Shawn, but he's changing. The people he's hanging out with are changing him. I don't like that.