04 | Is This a Date?

Alaska's POV~

I plopped down on my bed and grabbed my laptop, setting it in front of me. I took out the small piece of paper with the hate link on it. I typed in the url onto my computer. It wasn't just a video, it was a website. Full of Magcon hate. Not just Jacob, magcon. Shawn included. Is this why he's been acting up?

I scrolled through the news-feed of the page and found the video that the girl made. It had 955.7k views already. Holy damn. Does Magcon even know about this? Shit. I decided to call Jacob. The only person who I really can call. He didn't answer. I called the house phone. No answer. I finally called his mom's phone, which she did answer.

"Hey sweetie, sorry I didn't answer the house phone I was doing laundry. Are you looking for Jacob?" She almost immediately asked me. I nodded, then remembering she can't actually see me.

"Yeah, yes please." I said, wanting to talk to my best friend. I heard Jacob and his mom have a little side conversation.

"Jacob, it's your best friend. Talk to her. I don't even know what's up with you." His mom stated. Jacob doesn't want to talk to me, oh I see how it is. I spoke into the phone.

"Yanno what, Mrs. Whitesides? If Jacob doesn't want to talk, it's fine. I just wanted to ask him of the hate page about Magcon." I told her. She gasped.

"Oh, no, you better talk to him about that. Jacob, talk to your damn friend." She said. I shifted a little on my bed. Jacob has no fucking reason to be upset, he's being so over dramatic.

"Sorry I didn't answer. I just got told to kill myself haha." Jacob said over the phone. I had no clue how to respond to that. Jacob would never kill himself, he's not..he wouldn't do that.

"I know about this hate page. Hating on everybody and shit. We never did anything to them. Calling us a piece of white trash, useless. It bothers me but I don't really care of what they think of me." Jacob responded.

"I know, right? Do you think this is why Shawn is being an ass?" I questioned.

"No. No one in magcon really cares about what people think about them. I think. I'm just pissed off because I broke up with Jess this morning for cheating on me. But I got over it." He said. Him and Jess were my Otp, why would she do this.

"Bruhh, my otp!" I fake cried. I heard Jacob laugh on the other line.

"Yeah..well, can I come over? I'm kinda bored right now." He sighed. I nodded, then realizing again that he can't in fact see me.

"Sure." I said, and we both said goodbye. Not even 10 minutes later I heard Jacob at my door.

"Yo home-girl, how is you doin?" Jacob said, making me laugh. Me laughing made him laugh, and us laughing made Luna and Ruffy start barking.

"Let's go to the movies, yeah?" Jacob asked. I smirked a bit.

"Is the Jacob Whitesides asking me out on a date, O-m-g!" I said, fanning myself. Jacob chuckled at my response.

"I may be, and I may not be." He smirked, grabbing my cheek. He used his other hand to grab my other cheek.

"Jacob shtop!" I tried saying, but he wouldn't let go. He laughed at my attempt to get his hands off my cheeks. I gave up. I folded my arms and glared at him. He stopped, thinking it didn't bother me. It always bothers me.

"Shall we go?" Jacob said, bowing. I giggled and nodded. Jacob isn't really the date type, so this made me feel special.

At the movies~

"Two tickets for Annabelle, please." Jacob said, handing the excited ticket master lady his money. I shrieked.

"Jacob! I hate scary movies!" I punched him on the arm. He chuckled and rubbed the spot I hit him. The lady seemed so surprised that Jacob was here. A whole bunch of other girls were acting crazy, too. Jacob told me to stay close to him. It is currently 6:46 right now.