• 1

CHAPTER 1
COUSIN
   • Family is our anchor •  

CHAPTER 1COUSIN   • Family is our anchor •  

The closer I walked, more my heart pounded. I know he is here but if he doesn't remember me- I am doomed.

I look at club in front of me and let out a small sigh, full of nervousness and insecurity, for first time in my life.

Pandemonium

Every now and then, neon sign flickers leaving only demon which is absurd to me. I clear my face from any emotion and strut inside, aware of eyes on me.

I know my outfit is a bit revealing but if I wanna get to him it's required. My outfit is simple, yet provocative. Baby pink skater skirt, white cat collar crop top and white lace up sandal heels and white clutch. I stare straight ahead of me, ignoring the whistles and cat calls from drunk mundanes. Getting feed up I step into crid of chattering and half drunk girls that is just about to pass me and take out my stele. I move the stele over my glamour rune and sigh finally hearing the hormonal boys stop.

I dodge the line in front and the bouncer before entering the club. I look around for any sign of cocky warlock before pushing my way through the crowd of half drunk people or completely those who are completely wasted.

That's when my eyes land on him. I sigh hurrying to him when I see two men he's talking to.

Shit!

I hide in crowd as one of them looks around and quietly sneak up to them. Suddenly, he raises a dark skinned man with frizzy hair up in air with his powers just as I near him. Dark skinned man chokes out something as I stop behind two Circle members.

,,You inflected worse." Magnus spits out before looking at blondie with shades on ,,Leave." He orders with hard face and they obey after ciuple seconds.

,,Magnus." I say just as he is about to leave. He stops and turns to look at me.

,,And who may you be, darling?" He asks with curiosity completely visible on his face. He looks me up and down before his gaze settles on my eyes.

,,I don't know if you remember me. I am London." I say as he cocks his head, circling me.

,,London? Just London?" I clench my jaw looking around before muttering

,,London Morgenstern." I spit out making him freeze on my right side.

,,That London?" He asks shocked, standing in front of me with pursed lips. ,,It is you. But, I thought you were dead. You disappeared ten years ago." He says and I nod looking down with clenched jaw.

,,Valentine kidnapped me after he murdered my parents. I couldn't escape not even once before he got to obsessed with Clary." I explain and he nods rubbing his jaw. Suddenly he snaps his fingere making martini appear out of nowhere.

,,What? Warlock gotta do what warlick gotta do..." he defends making me chuckle. ,,So... I guess you are here to find your cousin?" I nod and he smirks.

,,Well... I think that is nit good idea. As you just witnessed, thise pricks are swarming in my club way more then K like." He says making me confused but I listen cautiously. He motions for me to follow him and slowly start walking. ,,My personal opinion is that you should get as far away as possible from Clarissa Fairchild. I doubt she'll be much of a help, either way." He finishes making me frown but nod in understanding. I know he's telling the truth, as far as I know Clarissa is raised as mundane and has no knowledge of this life. ,,There." He nods making my eyes snap to front. I see a red haired girl that is a spitting image of aunt Jocelyn practicaly running towards us with freaked out face.

,,Thank you." I say to him as I walk towards Clary. She looks over her shoulder just before colliding with me.

,,Sorry." She mutters going to dodge me but I grab her arm. Her green eyes snap to my own ones and then to runes covering my body. ,,No, no, no... you're one of them..." she panicks trying to free herself.

,,Clary!" I snap grabbing her tightly. Her eyes snap to mine but I look over her shoulder and notice blonde guy covered in runes coming out.

,,How do you-?!" I put hand over her mouth and drag her out of club.

,,I am not gonna hurt you!" I hiss into her ear as she thrashes around wildly drawing looks from people around us. I could notice Downworlders glaring at us but mundanes are looking at Clary like she's insane. To them, Clary is lumatic that is dragging herself outside of club while struggling against her hold.

I barely succeed in dragging her out of club before she suddenly punches me in gut with her sharp elbow and runs away in taxi. I gasp for air but react too slowly, because in next second she kicks me again in back and is gone in taxi. I stomp my foot furiously before cursing and then finally running after her. I pant stopping five miles away from club before  openning my clutch and taking my stele. I quickly trace my speed and stamina rune with it before running once again.

I curse as I come to fork road and look each way getting frustrated.

If Valentine or his men find her-

He will not touch a hair on her.

I hiss in my head as my thoughts swarm and my other side itches to come out and help. I lock it tightly before running in right street. I run down the street looking over every taxi car and people but no such luck. I want to scream on top of my lungs but instead growl and continue running. I could feel my blood pumping and rushing through veins- a mixture of adrenaline and complete and utter terror of what could happen to her.

As I turn in more deserted area, a force knocks me in wall so I land on my back. I groan falling on my knees and weakly looking up at my attacker.

,,London, London, London,... it's been so long..." My eyes turn in vicious glare as I look at asshole ,,Your uncle is searching for you London. He'sdeeply concerned about yourself." Circle member taunts above me with seraph blade in his hands. I continue glaring murderously at him but he only cackles.

,,Fuck you.'' I snarl, suprising him and quickly move my right leg. I hook his own with it and he falls on ground with grunt. I quickly sprung up, taking my seraph blade from my clutch. It glows brightly as I attack the man on ground. He rolls away in last second but I stab his left leg till blade doesn't come out on other side. He screams in pain as I twist the blade and pull it out.

,,I'll give you a headstart about hell." I snarl slashing a wound over his chest twice so it makes an 'x' and he screams again as I stab his stomach. ,,You should know not to challenge me. I maybe ain't Valentine but he did train me you prick." I stab his chest, clenching my jaw as his eyes turn hollow and when I notice his phone ringing.

,,Arnold-"

,,Arnold is dead." I say blankly before throwing the phone on ground and leaving the street as soon as possible. I wince stretching my aching back but no avail.

I'm in this damn city for only a day and already have trouble as a companion.

I scowl taking out my stele and passing it over Iratze rune. I sigh, immediately feeling better and once again start running in search for my cousin.