• 14

CHAPTER 14
MANSION
•Because I have a brother, I'll always have a friend.•

,,Thank you Max

,,Thank you Max." I smile at little boy who grins widely at me.

,,You're welcome! And just so you know, I think you aren't evil like your uncle! You're nice and pretty!" He blushes slightly and I chuckle squatting down to kiss his cheek.

,,Thank you. You are very handsome, too." He grins once again when I hear throat clearing behind us. I stand up and glance at stoic Alec.

,,Alec."

,,London."

We nod at each other while I mask ny confusion. I don't know what happened and why is he so cold. But I wish I would. I don't remember doing anything bad. What happened between us? After that moment in shipment container everything was perfect, but after that almost kiss he is distant and cold towards me. I wish I know what is wrong so I can make things right again...

Did I scare him? Freak him out?

What the hell happened?

I watch as Alec smiles talking with grinning Max on his back.

,,Alec you think you could get my stele back?" Max innocently asks and Alec chuckles shaking his head.

,,They took it away because you nearly burned down the Mumbai institute."

,,How many times do I have to say it was an accident?" Max sighs and looks at me. ,,Did it ever happen to you London? To switch some runes?" He asks and I offer him small smile.

,,Plenty of times." To which I paid with blood.

He grins at me and looks at Alec who sighs. ,,Look Max, somebody very important is coming to visit, alright? You think you can stay out of trouble for just a couple of days? If you do, I promise I'll get your stele back." Max nods when my ears pick up a sound.

,,Someone's coming." I announce looking at doors as Alec looks at doors weirdly. Suddenly doors open, and Valentine himself walks in. My eyes widen as I glare murderously at him and Alec fires a arrow. He catches it but doesn't dodge my haladies who lnd in both of his shoulders. He winces, but before I could attack him, picks up his sleeve and exposes a rune on his arm.

I watch in shock and slight relief at seeing blonde haired woman standing there with pained grimace.

,,Shit!" Alec and I exclaim running to her. I carefully pull out the haladies as Alec traces her Iratze rune.

,,The reaction time was abysmal." She grits out as wound slowly heals. ,,Except for you two." She adds rolling her now healed shoulders.

,,Ya... sorry about that." I mutter and she nods.

,,Doesn't matter. I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the Clave."

Did the time stop or everyone froze?