• 8

CHAPTER  8
JC
• Always have an escape plan. •

,,Clarissa Fairchild

,,Clarissa Fairchild."

My voice rings with authority in bustling crowd of city. Clary looks at me and Alec with wide eyes as we stop in front of her.

,,Why'd you run out?" Her phone rings making me and Alec sigh annoyed.

,,And what's the point in an invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone?" I question, aware of mundanes around us searching for source of ringing sound. ,,That was childish. You can't expect to be safe-" she cuts me off raising her finger and answering the phone. My brows fly up in air ad I cross my arms and shift my weight to my right hip. Alec looks at her annoyed but when his eyes transfer to me- he eyes my state amusedly.

,,Simon, hey. I know I should've called you right back, I'm really sorry. Are you okay?" As much as I respect that mundane for always being here for ny cousin, he's seriously becoming a vex, as Magnus tells me. ,,Yeah. I totally get it. Um, can we galk later? Things are kinda insane right now... I kind of killed a demon and lost my memories forever, so..." she stops as Alec surveys the area and I feel my brow twich. ,,I am at the Brooklyn Academy. I'm on my way to the-" Alec, thank the Angel, cuts her off and I sigh.

,,That's it. Hang up. We have to go right now."

,,No. I'm on my way to the loft." She continues shooting us a look. ,,There's something there that I think could helo my find my mother. I'm fine. I'm with Alec and London, my cousin. No Simon, you've been through enough already."

He better not come.

I think dryly as she continues talking to him.

,,Mundanes. Running around like ants." Alec says looking around and I shrugg.

,,I would change my life for plain mundane's if I had a chance. I doubt it can be worse then mine." I mutter hoping he didn't hear me.

,,Finish up Clary. Let's go." Alec says and we start walking through streets.

,,Why do you look so miserable all the time?"

,,Clarissa."

,,I don't."

Alec and I tell in same time and she looks at me.

,,Why are you defending him? I thought you were enemies?" Alec and I share a look and both shrugg.

,,We are. We just..." I pause and Alec continues.

,,Work together because we have same goal to accomplish."

,,Really?" Clary drags out and I give her a questioning look. ,,To me it looks like you have hots for each other." She says skipping away from us and towards awaiting Simon. Both of us freezes staring wide eyed after her and then we look at each other. Alec's cheeks are tinged in pink and I don't doubt mine are too. I clear my throat looking away and walking towards talking duo.