• 9

CHAPTER 9
WOLVES
• Don't worry about me. I'm fine. And even if I'm not- I will act as if I am. •

,,Why do I keep getting kidnapped?" Familiar voice is first thing I hear as my senses return

,,Why do I keep getting kidnapped?" Familiar voice is first thing I hear as my senses return. I grimace at my pounding head but keep my heartheat and body in control. I slowly peak open my left eye as Clary's voice drifts to my ears.

,,Not to be self-centered, but I think it's me they're after.'' She gives him a look and then turns to unknown man. I eye them from my uncomfortable position on weird colored couch and suddenly one man looks at me.

,,Oh! Sleeping beauty has awaken!" He smirks motioning to one werewolf to untie me. Bulky man sits me up and pushes me on a chair beside Clary and Simon. I keep the growl in and murderously stare at man in charge as it seems. ,,If you want to keep your pretty eyes- better stop shooting daggers at me." He growls and I rise my chin high up in air and stare straight at him, challenging his alpha wolf. He growls again but man beside him stops him and shakes his head.

,,She's not worth it. Now, Clary-"

,,No Alaric. Tell me what's going on? Did you arrest me for trespassing or something, because news flash, I was in my own apartment." She asks trying to act it cool and composed.

,,We're just having a little conversation, that's all." Alpha replies and Alaric glances at him.

,,Do you always handcuff people you wanna talk to?" Simon questions, lifting up his hand. ,,I bet this guy has one of the scariest online profiles ever." He whisoers to Clary, stupidly.

You have a death wish.

I think staring at his dumbass self. He glances at me before looking at Alpha.

,,This guy's funny. I like funny." I don't supress an eye roll at alpha and simply stare at Alaric guy and him.

,,Look, I know you're scared of Luke." I narrow my eyes at Alaric as he talks ,,He's trying to find you, I can keep you safe." Sure. And I'm a Bengal cat. I smirk at my comment and see Clary bitting her lip. ,,You just need to tell us where the Mortal Cup is." Amusement vanishes from Clary and she scowls at them.

,,Everyone thinks I can find this Cup! But I don't know where it is!" Clary exclaims getting feed up.

,,Think Clary. I'm trying to give you a chance."

,,I can't help you. I'm sorry. Now will you please let us go?" She says pleadingly and Alpha snaps.

,,Playtime's over." He slams his hand on table making Clary and Simon flinch. I just stare at him accusingly and he ignores me.

,,Theo just let me talk some sense into them." Alaric insists as I stare at Alpha Theo.

,,No. We did it your way. Now, we're gonna try it my way." Why do I have a bad feeling...

Theo nods at werewolf that pushed me in chair to come closer and lifts Simon. He pulls him away from the loft.

,, Don't touch him!" Clary cries out after him, trying to help bit Simon's too far away.

,,Tell us where the Cup is or your funny friend dies."

,,You hurt him... I will rip that beard off with my nails." I suprise everyone by threatening him and alpha smirks at me cruely.

,,Get rid of the mundie." Theo orders as Clary cries out again after the Simon. Meanwhile Theo only stares at me with cruel smirk and shows me his sharp teeth. ,,Lock her in." He orders making another werewolf grab my forearms. He starts pulling me but I quickly elbow him and he grunts befire slapping me across face. My head snaps to side as anger flares up in me.

,,Bitch." He hisses pulling me after him, outside of restaurant and towards large shipment containers. I trash in his arms as another man opens the container and they throw me inside. I fall harshly on cold floor and groan at pain erupting in my right hip. I look at doors as they close them loudly and hear them locking me in. I let out low groan as I stand up and feel my fangs sharpening. I clench my jaw trying to calm myself and rub my painful spit gently. I look down at my jacket and feel small smirk appear on my lips as I put my hand on left side of jacket and feel gwo small bulges. I take my jacket off and and take out two churches from hidden pocket. I grab two churches and they immediately transform in two haladies. Bright light illuminates from them and I look around dark container silently. I take haladies in my one hand and in another take my stele. I step towards doors and draw the opening rune but it doesn't want to accept it. I groan annoyed and step back. I sit against cold, metal wall and put my stele in my boots.

Clary?

London... are you okay?

Yeah. Are you? Simon?

I'm okay. But I don't know about Simon. They took him in back and I told them that Mortal Cup is in my loft.

She says and I feel panick coming from her.

Calm down Clary. Everything is going to be alright.

I soothe and look around container, trying to find a way out.

Nothing.

I feel my mind starting to overwork and my nerves going high, so I unconsciously rub my ring. I look down at it and let out brief smile. It is a family heirloom, only thing I have from my father. It is a pure silver, half inch wide band with an 'M' in middle and row of stars going around band. Although it connects me to Valentine, it is my most prized thing I have and I would even kill for it.

That's how messed up my mind is.

Once, there was only one ring but with help of Iron sisters, Silent brothers and prince of hell himself, my grandfather split it up and made two identical rings for each of his sons. It is said that Lucifer himself gave our Morgenstern ancestor the ring. Our name means 'Morning star' and since Lucifer is son of the morning in Bible, it kind of adds up to it.

I'm scared London.

Clary snaps me out of my thoughts and I sigh looking up at ceiling and clenching my fists.

Your boyfriend will find you cousin.

What about you?

Never worry about me Clarissa. I can take care of myself, more then you think.

You are my family London. I will always care for you.

You don't know me. For all you know, I'm Valentine's spy.

Buy you aren't. You always come and help me, spend time in institute not caring for look you were given, you threatened Theo for harming Simon, you saved Jace, you protected those warlocks. I only see you laugh around Alec and you and Izzy act like bff.

Clarissa...

I warn her knocking on metal wall behind me. I sigh hearing low and deep sound, which gives me a sign that I can't even a scratch make on them.

You know I'm right.

I roll my eyes and block her.

She'll pay me for that...