• 16

CHAPTER 16
DON'T MESS WITH ALPHA
• Underneath it all, we're just savages. •

Everyone's eyes widen, staring at the passive shadowhunter

Everyone's eyes widen, staring at the passive shadowhunter. I kept my eyes locked with his, searching for... anything, to prove he's lying. His face is completely blank, void from any emotion like his eyes. His posture is tense even though he acts relaxed, my beast growls lowly in my mind, not liking his behavior lately.

,,What?" Izzy explodes, her tone accusing ,,They don't have Circle runes!"

,,That's because they made a deal with the Clave prior the Uprising. In exchange for their cooperation, they were pardoned." Alec replies as calm as breeze.

I feel my breath hitch, my mind filling with memories. That's why Maryse was so familiar when I first met her. She was there. I saw her, only once but I saw her. That would explain how she knew my parents so well and why she was so nice. How did I not recognize her immediately? I remember everything and everyone from that.... place. They kept it all hidden and away from their kids, ashamed of their past or maybe even not. But why don't I remember them coming to my home? Playing with Alec or Izzy? I don't recall mom saying anything about any Lightwoods, but either way she was secretive about her family. And dad, I barely ever saw him but when I did, he never said anything about Robert and Maryse.

,,- me as one of their own. I know what kind of people they are." My eyes snap to Jace, my mind coming to a halt as I stare at them.

,,Are you sure? They lied to us." Alec steps forward as Izzy glares at him ,,For years, they've been telling us how to act, that we have to uphold the Lightwood name. Well, they're the ones who tarnished it, they're hypocrites." We all stare at him, trying to see beneath his stone face but we all fail. I let my eyes close for a second just as sound of heels come from hallway. My beast perks up, my eyes snapping open as I clench my jaw sensing her scent.

By the Angel...

,,You must be Jace Wayland." Lydia states, walking into the room with smug smile, her eyes glancing at me briefly with a sparkle in her eyes. My own narrow as Izzy puts her hand on my shoulder, glaring at the blondie who stands beside Alec ,,Lydia Branwell. You're quiet the legend back in Idris." She extends her hand to Jace who barely even looks at it and crosses his arms.

,,Don't believe everything you hear." Jace responds blankly and Lydia retreats her hand back, slightly offended. She then looks at Alec who's staring at me and Izzy, distractedly.

,,Did you tell them?"

,,Tell us what?" Izzy deadpans and Alec's eyes shift to floor before going to mine and locking with them.

,,Lydia and I are engaged."

,,We're getting married."

I don't move a muscle. Only stare at him, feeling Izzy glance at me as does Jace. They both stare at their brother, shocked to their core meanwhile I am fighting to keep my facade up.

,,You're not serious." Jace is first to snap out and ask the one question all three of us are thinking.

,,You were supposed to tell them no!" Izzy exclaims, her face morphed in disgust ,,It's your life to ruin!" Isabelle turns around sharply and marches out of the room, furious.

,,Not sure what to say." Jace starts, glancing down at floor with shake of his head and glancing at me. I stay silent as Alec continues for him

,,How about- none of this matters?" Alec arches his brow with that blondie inching closer to him ,,We have to stop Valentine."

,,Finally. Something we agree on." Jace spares his parabatai one last look before turning around and walking past me. His eyes connect with mine for a second and I look away from pity in them, letting him go out.

,,Tell me when he's back." I say, turning around and leaving the happy couple alone.

,,When who is back?" Alec asks and I stop on doorway, my facade slowly cracking.

,,Alec Lightwood, the proud and smart Shadowhunter who doesn't run from his problems."

#

,,This is insane!" Izzy growls as we watch the video footage of Meliorn's interogation. ,,We have to put a stop to this!"

,,Yeah well, enjoy portalling back to Idris with mom and dad..." Alec says, annoyed earning himself a glare from Izzy. I keep silent, standing at safe distance from him and watching Lydia on screen with cold eyes.

,,Meliorn is here because of me." Isabelle turns and looks at Alec properly, glaring at him betrayed and pissed of.

,,Alec's right" Jace starts ,,There's nothing we can do to stop this interogation."

,,You're on Alec's side now?" Izzy shifts her glare at her other brother, her eyes livid.

,,We swore to protect each other. Of course he's on my side." Alec retorts, not even looking away from screen.

,,I'm not picking sides." Jace sighs ,,Jace Wayland is Switzerland. We have to go find Valentine. Let's let this play out Izzy. Meliorn might have some important information." Izzy looks at Meliorn, her expression soft as Lydia starts blabbing questions out. I fix my jaw, sigh and close my eyes, leaning my head back.

,,This isn't going to end good." Jace whispers, standing by my side and I glance at him from corner of my eye.

,,No kidding." I mutter back watching as Meliorn leans forward, small smirk on his face. I tense up stepping a foot closer to screen and staring at Seelie.

,,If Shadowhunters had a better relationship with us, Downworlders, you'd know that Valentine's daughter has the Mortal Cup." I keep staring at screen, wanting to strangle that Seelie but quickly compose myself, knowing it's beast in me doing this.

,,Still think we should let this play out?"

<■>
     <□>
<■>

,,Lydia get out of my room. And bring minions with you." I growl at her as my room is thrashed over, clothes thrown everywhere and covers and pillows from bed.

,,London, please let us do our job. You know not to mess with Clave." Lydua states in friendly but cold tone. I glare at her, snapping my jaw shut just as Jace comes in room, almost getting hit with pillow. He dodges, his eyes landing on my room and widening.

,,London..." he quickly goes to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

,,I'm fine." I say just as siblings enter the room and look around. Izzy's eyes widen and she murderously glares at blondie, inspecting some paper one of her minions gave her to me.

,,I'm going to kill-" Izzy growls to us just as Lydia struts here with small smug smile and looks at me.

,,I didn't know there was target painted on your back, London." Three pairs of eyes snap to me as I glower at bitch, seeing the paper of drawing from in her hands. ,,We take threats seriously here. Especially in this time. But, this threat is special. End of Morgenstern bloodline? Interesting." I reach for paper but Jace snatches it before me, looking at drawing and glancing at me. I ignore his look and step closer to Lydia, my lips thinned.

,,You really are cunning, little bitch, huh?" She glares at me before her eyes widen. My smile is sickly sweet, lips open to show my canines and my green eyes are glowing at her like flashlights.

,,Y-you..."

,,I-I..." I smirk chillingly and she glares at me before turning around, her hair slapping me over face and leaving the room with her minions. I close my eyes for a second, before turning around and facing two quizzical looks and one blank.

,,What the hell was that London?"

___________

Double update! Thank you for 3k in just a week! Thank you do much!

Lya Thea