• 2

CHAPTER 2
THE INSTITUTE
•Hurt me with the truth. But NEVER comfort me with a lie•

Pained groan leaves his throat as he falls on ground motionless and I only blink at him before turning around and leaving

I am pissed.

Nicely said.

It's been two days and Clary is still missing. I did, eventually, find her home but it was completely burnt and no trace of either aunt Jocelyn or Clary.

And I can't even say I was free to look for her. Damn demons and Circle members are hunting me down every single moment. I stopped counting how many of them I killed after 132. And that was yesterday morning. I know Valentine is looking for both me and Clary but, by the Angels, can he give us a break? Or at least me? I was trained to perfection but even this is too much for me.

At least, I had a bit of luck. Magnus offered me his place since I didn't have anywhere to live. He was barely with me since all of Valentine crap but at least I had clothes and roof over head.

With his help, I found one of Clary's friends- Simon Lewis. I found him this morning looking around for Clary so I followed after him.

And here I am- killing demons and Circle members while also stalking a nerdy guy down the street. It is a problem when he gets in his ridiculous van but I run after him.

I look up at dark night sky and then my eyes settle on large abandoned church. Damn...

I notice Simon calling Clary just outside of church so I hide on other side of van.

,,How come you haven't answered your phone in two days?!" He asks quickly looking around wildly. ,,Where are you? Find My Friend says you're in an abandoned church. I'm outside." He says worriedly making me cock my brow.

A little bit too worriedly...

,,I don't see you." He says throwing his arms. ,,Dressed?! What are you doing undressed in an abandoned church?! Clary is there... is there a meth problem we have to talk about?" He listens before taking the phone away from his ear. I purse my lips noticing his distraught face, deactivate my glamour rune and step outside.

,,Hello." I say suppressing a smirk as he jumps at sound of my voice.

,,W-who are you?!" He stutters stepping back as I walk towards him. ,,Don't come near me! I have seen enough movies about a lady-"

,,I am not gonna hurt you idiot." I roll my eyes annoyed and he gulps stepping once again backwards. ,,You know Clary Fray, right?"

,,Depends. Why are you asking?" He questions, going defensive at sound if her name.

,,I need to talk to her. It's a matter of family business." I say leaning on a van with crossed arms and legs, invisible to those in church.

,,So why can't Simon see you?'' I hear her voice as doors open and peak out to look at her and blondie from club two days ago.