•15

CHAPTER 15
HEARTACHE DAY
• Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. •

I watch Magnus as he re-enforces the wards of Institute after attack

I watch Magnus as he re-enforces the wards of Institute after attack. Alec and Robert Lightwood stand by his side silently discussing something while I am thinking about that Forsaken. I look towards training room in thought and frown.

Only shadowhunters are capable to enter Institute and those invited by shadowhunter. It would be impossible for that Forsaken to enter but then again my sick uncle is a shadowhunter himself.

My scowl deepens at that and I shake my head.

Uncle Valentine

Disgusting

That's how that words sound to me. I would rather let Izzy make me a lunch ans eat it then him being related to me in any way.

And that's saying something...

Feeling eyes on me, I look back towards trio only to see Alec looking at me. We hold eye contact till I'm first to break it. I gulp looking down at my bandaged forearm and hear his footsteps leaving.

What the fuck is happening to me?

I wonder feeling my heart ache but keep silent. I don't understand why he's so distant with me. I never did anything wrong! Heck I saved him even! Did I maybe do something, unknowingly? Maybe I offended-

Why am I doing this monolog?!

Why do I even care?!

I close my eyes tiredly when Izzy's voice brings me back.

,,Meliorn?" My eyes open and I look towards the Seelie who is being escorted by shadowhunters. Isabelle smiles, raising up from her seat and walking towards him. ,,What are you doing here?"

,,The Clave called me in for some kind if conference." Meliorn answers cooly and I knot my brows feeling trouble.

,,I'm so happy to see you." Izzy smiles brightly and I bite my lip as Meliorn's expression darkens.

,,Spare me. Your fire message clearly stated you never wanted to see me again." I wince, turning around and letting them talk alone, not feeling alright with eavesdropping them.

Well, that was until certain blonde comes in.

,,Isabelle. Please step aside." Lydia sighs ,,Meliorn, the Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest."

,,What?" Izzy asks shocked.

,,What for?!' Meliorn questions as I walk over to stand by Izzy.

,,Soliciting state secrets from Shadowhunters on behalf of Valentine Morgenstern. Guards." Lydia orders and guards pull away the Seelie. Izzy turns to Lydia with Hell's glare.

,,Have you lost your mind?!"

,,Me? You're lucky you weren't arrested along with him." Lydia answers cooly and I step in front if Izzy.

,,What are you talking about? Izzy did nothing wrong." I narrow my eyes at her as blondie eyes me.

,,It's our understanding that your long-standing relationship with the Seelie, Meliorn, may have led to disclosure of state secrets. Although I don't see how this concerns you Morgenstern."

,,Is there something wrong with me being a Morgenstern?" I ask, completely calm as I step towards blondie, Izzy's hand on my forearm halting me.

,,Of course not. Only your uncle is greatest villain world has ever seen." Lydia rolls her eyes and I step closer to her, my heartbeat crazy as my other side.

,,And yet, he at least had a guts to rebel against the Clave. Not hide behind the law and work in silence." I hiss lowly, but I know almost everyone heard me because of silence inside of Institute.

,,Are you defending Valentine?" Lydia asks, catching onto my bait.

,,Only thing I'm doing, is clearing up my honor. I never killed fellow shadowhunter, downworlder or mundane. That's a difference between us. Because I know you did." She clenches her jaws, glaring at me before briskly turning and leaving. I stare after her and Izzy puts her hand on my shoulder.

,,Relax London. Don't mind her. She's a bitch." I nod, taking in the deep breaths. I look at Izzy and land her a small smile, looking once again around Institute. Shadowhunters that have been watching the show, still blatantly stare at me with passive face. ,,Let's go and find Alec. He's dumb self is probably harming himself and he doesn't care." I try to object but she shushes me a with heated glare and drags me away from whispering and stares. I sigh, my head bowing a little but I follow the crazy God forbid cook.

We find Alec in one of training rooms, punching the hell out of punching bag while Izzy ranted out at him. I stare at him, worried for his bandaged arm but he ignores me completely. I lean back on wall, my arms crossed over my chest and eyes downcast on floor.

,,She calls Meliorn in and arrests him! Then acts like it's all out of her hands!' Izzy exclaims, her voice sounding around us. With each word, her irritation becomes clearer and her body stiffens.

,,Alec... your arm." I say softly and he spares me a glance, completely emotionless. He punches the bag one more time with his injured hand, like purposely to get on my nerves before saying

,,I'm fine." I barely suppress a snort and he turns to his sister ,,It was the Clave that gave the order. Not Lydia."

,,Are you sure about that?" Izzy hisses making Alec huff and turn away as Jace joggs to us, worriedly looking at gis parabatai.

,,Hey. You all right?"

,,I'm fine." He repeats, annoyed and I see how his injured arm tenses. I shake my head knowing that adrenaline is leaving his veins and pain is setting in. Jace nods, completely unconvinced but continues speaking

,,I just spoke to Robert and Maryse. They're being sent back to Idris."

,,What?" Izzy looks at Jace confused as I push myself off the wall and look at him.

,,Yeah."

,,Another order from Lydia?" Izzy's eyes narrow at her brother in hate for the blonde.

,,Who's Lydia?" It's Jace's time to be confused as he looks at his adopted siblings.

,,She's in charge of institute." I say, stepping closer to Jace, afraid of Izzy lashing out.

,,She's what?!" Jace asks suprised and Alec sighs, not looking at either of us.

,,Temporarily."

,,And now she's convinced the Clave that mom and dad aren't going their jobs." Izzy's lips thin as she stares at her brother.

,,Well maybe they aren't." Alec starts making my head snap to him in suprise ,,The Institute was under their control when the Forsaken got in."

,,They are your parents. Your family, Alec." I say and he glares at me.

,,Not everyone's family is good. You should know that. You're Morgenstern after all."

That right there.

It hurt more then any of Valentine's experiments.

My jaw falls down as I stare at him in shock, my chest aching and throbbing. I clench my jaw and fists as Jace puts his hands on my shoulder, staring at Alec with clenched jaw.

,,What are you talking about Alec?"

Alec doesn't hesitate and speaks the next second ,,Mom and dad were members of the Circle."