Chapter 1 - Isolation

Thank you so much for 10k on my story In Too Deep! It means the world to me, especially when I'm so proud of that book (the beginning of it anyway). I hope you enjoy this one just as much :)

The trigger warnings are in the description! More may be added as we go along and I edit so keep an eye out for that. Now onto the story!

As the bot raised his sword, Keith darted to the left. His feet moved fast beneath him, making the fight appear more like a graceful dance than an intense battle. His knuckles were wrapped around his knife, holding on so tightly that whiteness had begun to blossom across what was once tanned skin. As the bot came to a standstill and began to raise the sword again, Keith ducked and plunged his knife into its chest. A small noise filled the room as the bot collapsed in on itself and began to fade away. "Level five complete. Proceed?" A loud, robotic voice echoed around the room.

Keith opened his mouth to respond but someone else got there first. "End training sequence." The obscure, almost British accent was recognisable from anywhere: Allura. Turning to face the princess, Keith breathed heavily. Sweat was glistening on his forehead, illuminating the white skin and making his black hair stick.

"Allura," He said between breaths. "What are you doing here?" Keith obsessively trained at night, whilst everyone else on the castle was fast asleep. No one was meant to walk in on him. The fact that Allura wasn't asleep and was standing there, dressed in her day clothes, suggested to Keith that something was wrong.

"I need to talk to you." She started, walking around Keith until she was standing in the exact spot the bot had been in. Keith wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his suit, still gripping the knife in his right hand. "I know how you feel about Lance."

Keith's eyes widened and he stumbled backwards. "I- I don't-" He stammered, clammy hands moving to brush against the legs of his armour. Allura was eyeing him closely, her eyes narrowed and her arms folded. She could see right through Keith and his lies.

"Don't deny it, Keith. It's obvious that you have feelings for him."

"I won't let it get in the way of you two," Allura stepped forward, one hand creeping its way around Keith's right wrist. Keith bit his lip, his body stiffening up at the touch. "I'm trying to repress it, okay? I don't want to feel this way either."

"Give me the knife." Her voice was low and menacing but Keith wasn't about to comply. Despite being the authority, Allura didn't have the right to talk to Keith with such a threatening tone. "Keith, give me the knife." Keith darted to the side before Allura could touch him again, his wrist breaking free from her light grip.

"Why should I? I was trying to train before you came in here." Keith muttered, sliding his knife back into its pocket on his suit.

"I could beat you on a one-on-one." Out of the blue, Allura produced her own bayard, the pink object looking fairly innocent before it transformed into a long whip.

"I'm not asking to fight you."

"Then give me the knife. I just want to talk to you."

"I'll drop the knife if you drop your whip." Allura raised her eyebrows but placed the bayard down on the floor in front of her. Keith bent down and put the knife down too.

"You need to stop talking to Lance."

"No, why would I do that?" Keith crossed his arms, his head moving forward to reinforce the question.

"Because you liking Lance is a hindrance," Allura began to run forward until her chest pressed against Keith's and she was able to shove him back into the wall. Having practised hand-to-hand combat, Keith managed to grab Allura's arm and flip her over so that he was on top of her. She let out a huff, grabbing both of Keith's arms with her hands as she attempted to push him off of her. "How would Lance feel if he knew you started a fight with his girlfriend?"