Chapter 27 - Sleeping Together

"You're not having sex, are you?" Pidge yelled, knocking their hand against Keith's door.

"We've never had sex." Lance admitted, rolling his eyes. Pidge opened the door and raised an eyebrow, as if they were attempting to say '​are you serious?​' "We literally kissed for the first time yesterday."

Keith punched Lance's arm, his face flushing red all over again. Pidge let out a snort. "I owe Hunk a week of chores now. Thanks guys. I had faith in your hormones."

Both Keith and Lance laughed, climbing out of bed and stretching. Lance let out a long yawn and rubbed his fists against his tired eyes. "Maybe you shouldn't bet on our love life." Keith mumbled with a disapproving shake of his head.

"That was a funny joke there, Keith. When did you become a comedian? Anyway, Shiro wants to talk to us."

-

"Why is your room like a sauna?" Lance groaned, cheeks flushed from the heat. Keith was still wearing his signature red jacket and didn't seem bothered by the temperature of the room.

"Take off your shirt or stop complaining!" Keith laughed, meaning it as a joke. He certainly did not expect Lance to whip his shirt off and throw it on the floor. "Woah, okay." His hands had a mind of their own as they snaked around Lance's thin chest to pull him onto his lap.

"Just... don't look at my right shoulder, okay?" Lance murmured, burying his head into Keith's neck. The moment wasn't sexual at all, just romantic and loving. Lance could breathe in Keith's musky smell and it made him feel at ease.

"Is it because of... your scar?"

"Yeah... I don't want you to see it."

"Hey, you shouldn't feel so insecure about it. You went through a lot and it's a battle scar."

Lance snorted, the noise vibrating Keith's neck. "You sound like some teenage girl's tumblr romanticising self harm."

"I'm not romanticising anything, Lance. I'm just saying that it isn't something you should be ashamed of. It's there and you can't do anything about it. You might as well show off how far you've come since the moment you got it."

"If you look at it, promise you won't get upset?" Keith nodded, holding up a pinky that Lance soon intertwined with his own. After, the blue paladin turned to show his right shoulder to Keith. Only the top was made of human flesh but it had been tainted with the 'G' that Gort had carved into it. The scar had faded since Lance had first returned onto the ship but it was still rather prominent.

"Can I touch it?"

"Y-Yeah..." Keith traced the top of his finger against the lettering, feeling the bumpiness of it. The sight was heart-wrenching and it spread a hatred and an urge for vengeance through Keith. Lance was so beautiful and he most certainly didn't deserve such scarring.

"You're beautiful, Lance..."

"I-I'm not. I'm ugly. I'm covered in... in scars."

"They don't make you look any less beautiful. Have I ever told you how much I love your eyes?" Keith glanced up so that he could look into Lance's blue eyes and take it the emotions hidden behind them. They were glistening in the light. "They're my favourite feature of yours. Blue always has been my favourite colour..." Before Keith could say anything else, they were interrupted by a fellow paladin.

"Put some clothes on!" Hunk screeched as he walked into Keith's bedroom to find them practically sat on top of each other, Lance's shirt discarded somewhere on the floor. "My innocent eyes! I need to wash them out with soap!"

"Why are you and Pidge obsessed with the idea of us having sex?" Lance asked, turning his head so that Hunk could see how unamused he was.

"Because you're hormonal teenagers trapped in space. Of course you're going to have to relieve yourselves with-"

"Hunk, do not continue! You are meant to be pure!"

"I stopped being pure when I walked into this!"

Lance snorted, leaning backwards and grabbing his shirt off of the floor. "There is an explanation for this that isn't sexual. I got really hot so I took off my shirt and Keith's lap is just very comfortable."

"Sure, sure... Just... come here, I need you guys to try something I made."

"Ah, yeah! Food!" Lance leaped off of the bed whilst Keith rolled his eyes, slowly following him. Lance had improved a substantial amount after everything and to say Keith was proud was an understatement. Each time Lance made a joke or showed his mounds of energy, Keith couldn't help the proud, ecstatic flutter his heart did.

-

"Can I ask you a question?" Lance asked, having to yell over the sound of the shower. He had his head pressed up against the door so that he could hear Keith's response.

"Can it wait until after my shower? I'll be like five-" Keith responded but Lance cut him off with a long groan.

"No! I was thinking about it now and it's going to eat me alive until I find out the answer."

"You're so dramatic... give me two seconds." Lance slumped against the wall until Keith emerged from the steam-filled room with a towel around his waist. "What is it, Lance? What's so important that you felt the need to interrupt my shower?"

"Are we together?" Lance blurted out, fiddling with the bottom of his jacket and avoiding Keith's gaze. The red paladin's mouth fell open, expecting everything ​except​ that.

"Uh... do you want to be?"

"Yes! I do!"

"Okay... then we're together."

Lance tried to hide the grin spreading across his face but Keith just slammed the shower door in his face. For a moment, Lance was offended. Then Keith yelled out, "Don't interrupt my shower next time!"

-

When Keith came to breakfast, Lance's large jacket draped over his shoulder, Pidge and Hunk immediately began whispering. Coran looked extremely concerned and Shiro just rolled his eyes in an unamused way. Everyone but the green and yellow paladins began to dig into the food, favouring the taste. Then Pidge blurt out, "Did you guys sleep together?"

"Yeah... We've been sleeping together for ages..." Keith answered with thin eyes, seeing the answer as blatantly obvious.

Pidge rolled their eyes. "No, I mean, did you have sex?"

"You bet on us again?!" Lance snapped, dropping his Altean cutlery against his plate. One of the pieces of cutlery was a knife. The others were still immensely proud of him being able to use the utensil again after everything that had happened.

"They forced this on me!" Hunk screeched, ignoring the pout he received from Pidge.

"No, we didn't have sex and we won't for a while."

"You guys suck." Pidge pouted, taking a bite out of their food. "I keep losing these bets..."