Chapter 14 - The Quiznacking Quintant

I haven't posted in a while so here you go

When the alarms rang out, everyone panicked. Keith was in the training room, beating the life out of an innocent bot, so was quick to race to the hangers. He was first to come out of the castle, Red moving as rapidly as ever. Black soon followed with Yellow and Green. "We need Lance!" Shiro yelled as he swerved Black to the left to dodge a laser beam. He grunted, hands sweaty around the controls. His heart was pounding like a drum inside his chest but was required to persevere as the leader of the team.

"He still hasn't left his room..." Keith murmured, going in the opposite direction as Black to surround the Galran ships. Red was much faster, its legs moving as a blur as it moved.

"This is bad- wait, Lance?" Each of the four lions turned to look at the castle where the blue lion emerged, ready to fight. Caught off guard, the Galra took it as an opportunity. Each of the Galran ships lurched forward, shooting at the lions that swayed from the impact. Pidge let out a loud groan as Green was hit. "Form Voltron!" Shiro yelled, moving forward to meet the others in formation.

Yellow and Blue contracted into the legs whilst Red and Green formed the arms. Black stood tall as the head as its eyes shone a bright yellow colour. Each of the paladins let out a long yell as they came together much stronger than each individual.

"Wait, wait, what is that?" Hunk asked, panic flooding through him. Each paladin watched as something that looked almost like a demonic version of Voltron came into view.

"I don't know but stay calm. Form sword!" Keith reached for his bayard so that a large sword formed in the hand of the red lion. The enemy was holding a sword very similar to Voltron's, potentially even longer. Voltron smashed their sword up against the enemy's, using all of their strength to push the robot back.

"We aren't strong enough!" Hunk called out.

"What do we do, Shiro?" The sounds of the desperate paladins rung through the coms but Shiro went silent. A compartment began to glow inside the ship, calling for him. He tuned out the screams as the robot swung back at them harder and faster. Trembling hands reached for his bayard before thrusting it into the slot. A flash of light lit up the head of the lion, escaping through its eyes before a wormhole opened up.

The resounding sound of Keith's utterance of '​what the fuck​?' filled the air but it went ignored as Shiro yelled out further commands. "We aren't ready to fight a being we have no knowledge of so it's best if we run. Coran, you with us?"

"Yes! Following you with the Castle now!"

Voltron rushed forward and escaped through the wormhole, each of the paladin's hearts beating out of control. As they burst out of the other end, Voltron broke apart into the single lions. The Castle followed a few ticks later. "Everyone with us?" Shiro asked, his breathing erratic from all of the adrenaline. Everyone took their turns at responding until everyone had announced their safety.

"I never thought I'd see the quiznacking quintant." Coran shook his head inside the Castle, standing up from where he had fallen during the journey. He dusted himself off, unable to blink as he watched the lions recover due to the sheer disbelief.

"How'd you do that?" Keith asked, voice full of curiosity. Each paladin represented the same picture of wide eyes and a mouth that was agape. Keith had fallen off his seat, Hunk was hunched over the controls, Pidge was standing against the side of Green's head and Lance was sat properly on his seat but they were all wearing the exact same facial expression.

"I don't know. I just... ​felt​ it. I can't explain it..." Shiro stared down at where his bayard was injected in the lion with awe. His hands were shaking as he reached forward and pulled it out.