Chapter 18 - The Former Blue Paladin

I have one more exam to go so expect regular updates to return soon :)

"They didn't come." Gort said as he cut into Lance's skin again. He let out a loud cry, tears streaming down his cheeks. "We arranged the time and they didn't even bother to show up."

"You're lying!" Lance gasped out in between screams.

"I'm not. They just didn't bother. Isn't that lovely? They don't care about you, blue paladin... or should I say former blue paladin? I bet they've replaced you already."

"N-No-"

"Accept it, Lance. You belong to the Galra now." The knife tore into his flesh once again; that time at the bottom of his shin. "We are never going to let you escape."

"They're going to come and get me."

"Your optimism is adorable but it won't get you anywhere. Tell me, what's your favourite limb? Your right arm because you use it to shoot? One of your legs because they allow you to run? Maybe your right one because you used to be the right leg of Voltron?"

"Who the fuck has a favourite limb?"

"That mouth... I think we need to do something about it. Maybe I could cut that tongue right off. I bet the other paladins would thank me for that because you never shut up. You're so annoying."

"They love my voice."

"Hilarious. Now you need to answer my question. Which limb?"

"I don't see why that's important."

"I want to rid you of one. Haggar might appreciate another little experiment like the Champion's metal arm. Maybe a metal leg this time?"

Shiro. Just the mention of his friend's name made him grit his teeth and curl his hands into weak fists. He leaned as far forward as he could with the restraints wrapped around his wrists and ankles. Surely, Shiro was out there, looking for him. He, of all people, knew how traumatising the Galra's methods of torture were.

"I see, mention of the Champion is a soft spot... interesting. Maybe we can get you an arm to match his." With that, the knife was plunged into his arm- just above his elbow. Fire spread up his arm to his shoulder and the screech he released was so high only dogs could hear it... if they were on earth; he didn't know what the hearing ranges of aliens were.

"Fuck you."

"We need to cut that bite out of you. I bet you'd be even more beautiful if you knew when to shut up."

"You're never going to get me to shut up. Ask my family. I haven't shut up in seventeen years. I came out of the womb screaming."

"You, humans, all bark no bite..."

"I can bite too, if you're into that."

"Just shut up!" Gort screamed, leaving the weapon embedded in Lance's arm. "Bronko, you know what the Rag needs."

"Rag?" Lance laughed at the Galran insult but the laugh soon fizzled into a scream as the chains tugged his limbs in different directions. He could feel his bones popping out of their sockets and the pain was unimaginable. "Stop! Stop! P-Please!"

"Bronko!" The chains released Lance so that he collapsed onto the ground. He fell on his shin and whimpered at the pain enveloping him. "You better keep your mouth shut from now on."

"I- I will! Just make the pain s-stop."

"Pathetic human." Gort swerved around after pulling the knife out of Lance's arm. He walked towards the door and had just pushed it open when Lance questioned where he was going. "You don't get constant hospitality, blue paladin. I have better things to do than torture you all the time."