Chapter 10 - Just As Bad As Allura

"I'll fight Allura." Keith announced the next day at training. He had fury running through his veins like blood and he wanted the others to witness Allura's demise. Lance's eyes widened at his suggestion, silently begging Keith to back down. He didn't.

In fact, as soon as Shiro nodded, Keith got into his battle stance. They were doing sword training that day which instantaneously gave Keith the advantage as he knew swords better than he knew himself. The long blade was familiar and holding it was a sensation Keith took in like a drug. Shiro's counting in sounded far away but as soon as he reached one Keith was off.

Allura also had experience with knives and other types of blades, as apparent in the way she swung the weapon. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun on top of her head with two thin strands hanging down by her ears; not enough to get in the way. Keith raced forward, knocking Allura backwards with his hands. The wall was about a metre and a half behind them but Allura was soon up against it. Keith gritted his teeth, pressing the sword right up against Allura's. As he recoiled his weapon, a loud ​shing​ noise rung through the air at a deafening volume.

"Keith." Shiro warned, fully aware that Keith was getting too involved.

"Shut up, Shiro." He retorted, bringing his blade towards Allura's again. They smashed together, Keith's much steadier than Allura's. Her sword was trembling with the rest of her body as she put as much pressure as she could into it. Keith was a much more avid trainer than her so his muscles made forcing his sword against Allura's childsplay. She would soon tire out but Keith had once trained for hours on end. He had impeccable control of his breathing as his face edged closer to Allura's. He could hear her frantic, erratic breaths.

"I'm going to make you regret ever crossing me and Lance." Keith spat, voice full of venom.

Allura scrunched her eyes shut before channeling all of her energy into shoving Keith backwards. "I don't know what you're talking about!"

"I know what you've done to him... it's disgusting." Keith charged forward, knocking her right back into the wall. Her head fell and knocked against the material as she let out a harsh, pain-filled grunt.

"I haven't done anything!"

"We both know that's a lie."

"It's not a lie! If he said anything then-" Whilst Allura was focusing on her speech as opposed to the weapon, Keith used his free hand to flick her wrist and make her drop the blade. It went flying across the floor, crashing to the ground a couple of metres away.

"Keith!" Shiro's voice was distant as Keith pressed the sword up to Allura's neck. Drained of all confidence, she was shuddering and her eyes were wide with trepidation.

"You don't deserve to be a princess. You're shameful to Altea and your father."

Just as Keith was about to press the sword down harder to see if he could tempt out some blood, his name was called again but not by Shiro. Lance. Keith turned and glanced at him, drinking in his petrified expression. Keith dropped his sword to the ground before backing up and staring at his trembling hands. An angry sob escaped his mouth as an arm wrapped around his torso and pulled him away from Allura.

"Can you explain that, Keith? Because it really looked like you were about to..." Shiro trailed off with a shake of his head. The sheer disappointment coating his features was enough to fill Keith with regret. Despite that, it wasn't enough for his rage to subside at all.

"Do you know what she has done to Lance?" Keith spoke through gritted teeth. Shiro's arm around him was the only thing stopping him from giving Allura what he thought she deserved.