Chapter 12 - Lost

I have a serious question for that one person who reads this book, will you be annoyed/upset/whatever if I didn't upload for a while? I have massive exams next month so I might have to put some of my books on hiatus whilst I prepare for/do my exams. I might not do that but I was just thinking it might be for the best. I need to ace these exams so I don't want any distractions. 

"Keith, open the door." Lance muttered before banging his head against the door as a poor excuse for a knock. Keith rolled his eyes before clambering over to the button and allowing it to slide open. "I tried to break up with Allura."

"Oh yeah?" A hopeful smile was tugging at Keith's lips but he refused to let it show in case the news he was about to receive was negative. Lance let out a gentle breath, taking a seat on the bed beside the red paladin.

"No luck."

"What do you mean?"

Lance turned to look at the door to ensure it was closed before his tanned hands moved to the bottom of his shirt. They gripped it before tugging it up ever so slightly to reveal a series of bruises, ranging from blue to brown. Keith gasped, subconsciously reaching forward and brushing his hands up against them. When Lance flinched, he quickly apologised and moved away from him.

"I'm so sorry."

"It isn't your fault."

"But I told you to break up with her."

"It's her fault for being an abusive bitch." Lance stared directly ahead, his voice completely devoid of emotion. He let go of his white shirt so that it felt back against his tanned skin. "What am I supposed to do about it, Keith? I- I'm so lost..."

"I know but it's going to be okay. We could tell Shiro? He always-"

"No!" Lance yelled, sounding frantic. His hand struck out to grab Keith's wrist, his eyes wide and full of desperation. "We can't tell anyone else. They'll... I don't know... think I'm weak."

"No, they won't. Shiro would understand."

"If Allura-"

"She won't need to know that he knows, okay? I just think he's the most mature of all of us. He'll know what to do better than me. My response to everything is to fight it which isn't always the best solution."

Lance's hand didn't move from where it was wrapped around Keith's thin wrist but he nodded slowly. He swallowed, eyes darting back to the door. "He can know... just make sure he doesn't confront Allura or anything... please."

"Of course. We can tell him now, if you want? Get it out of the way?"

Lance's breath hitched as his bottom lip began to wobble. "O- Okay."

-

Shiro was sitting with Hunk, seemingly helping him perfect another recipe. He was wearing his pyjamas and had his head balanced on his hands as he watched Hunk mix together some random space ingredients. The mixture was grey in colour and didn't appear very appealing but Hunk seemed confident. Both of their heads turned to the door as it opened to reveal Keith and Lance.

"Uh... Shiro?" Keith started, forcing a smile to coax him outside. "Can we talk to you for a moment? In private?" Shiro took one glance at Hunk and his mysterious concoction before nodding and walking outside with the pair.

Lance was hanging onto Keith like some sort of koala which earned a set of raised eyebrows. "Is everything okay?" Lance was chewing on his lip and was swaying from side to side, seeming as if he was hardly there mentally. Shiro picked up on that and assumed the answer to his question was a strong '​no​'.