Chocolate Covered Raisin

As some of you know, I was just blanking on this prompt. WarlockOfPain456, I liked your idea for Percy bringing gifts and this sort of spawned from that. You know, I'll probably start putting the next day's prompt up to see what you all come up with. Who knows, I might take some of your ideas. Tomorrows are Medal of Honour and Epilepsy (i need to make up for that one day).

Jason was invited to visit Thalia with the hunters while they were hanging around New York, and since he hadn't seen his sister in forever, and he brought along with him an extra addition. Percy had tagged along as well because, his own words, 'he was bored.' Jason didn't really care. Besides, it wasn't his problem if Percy was killed by the huntresses.

While Thalia stole Jason in order to do something (she didn't elaborate) Percy was stuck hanging around awkwardly on the edge of the camp as the hunters snuck glances at him. He got fewer glares than he had expected, but then again, he remembered Thalia telling him that the hunters held him in high regards. That didn't mean he didn't get dirty looks, though. He caught a few being sent his way.

"Why did you come if all you're going to do is stand there?" Percy jumped in surprise, turning around to see a twelve-year-old goddess looking at him in amusement.

"Fuck, Lady Artemis, you scared me," he breathed.

Artemis laughed, a genuine smile appearing on her face. "Just Artemis, please. You've done more than enough to gain my favour."

"Um . . . alright, Artemis," Percy replied, a bit unsure of himself.

There were a few moments of silence. "Are you going to answer my question?"

"What? Oh, yeah," Percy chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "Camp wasn't as much fun anymore, so I was hoping this would be more fun. It really isn't, since Jason and Thalia left and no other hunter really wants to talk with me."

"Would you like to talk?" Artemis offered.

Percy looked at her, surprised for probably the fifth time in the past minute. "You would be okay with that?"

"I've already said that you have my favour," Artemis said. "I have nothing against a simple conversation."

"I . . . think I would like that," Percy replied slowly, offering a small smile toward the goddess. Artemis returned his smile, placing a hand on his shoulder and teleporting them to inside her tent with not even a flash. Percy blinked. "Why did you do that?"

"My hunters may respect you but many of them would still not like you entering my tent," Artemis replied. Percy then noticed that he was indeed inside her living quarters. There was only a simple bed, a small dresser and a chest of weapons. The rest was many, many furs, scattered over the walls and floors. "They would talk. I would prefer to keep that minimal."

"That makes sense," Percy agreed. Artemis sat on the edge of her bed, patting the spot beside her. Percy shied away at first, reluctant.

Artemis chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't bite." Percy hesitatingly slid over to the bed, sitting down beside her and avoiding eye contact. He could feel Artemis's gaze on him, evaluating him. Neither spoke for quite some time. "You know, I never thanked you for rescuing me."

"What?" Percy finally faced her, confused.

"Rescuing me. The quest to Mt. Othrys," Artemis suggested.

Percy caught on. "Oh, right. You're actually thanking me?"

Now Artemis looked confused. "Why wouldn't I? That is proper etiquette, is it not?"

"It is, you're right, but no god has ever thanked me for doing something for them," Percy said. "They just ask and take."

Artemis scowled. "My family is arrogant like that. I like to think myself different, but I can't see myself from the eyes of a mortal. I have never been and will never be mortal so I cannot possibly understand how you see me."

"I do think you are different, Artemis," Percy responded. Artemis's eyes locked onto his, waiting for him to continue. "Just the fact that you thanked me proves that. This small bit of generosity you're giving me right now by treating me like an actual guest and not some puppet is something that no other god I know would do. I can't speak for the other males, but I do think you're better than most of your family."

Artemis smiled at him, her eyes shining with appreciation. "Thank you. You don't understand how reassuring it is to hear that."

"I don't, but I can guess," Percy grinned. And they talked. He could imagine that he was just having a casual conversation with one of his friends and not a man-hating goddess. He made her laugh and vice-versa, they exchanged stories and, while Percy noticed she avoided certain ones, he was happy she trusted him enough to speak of some of her worse moments. After a while, she even felt comfortable enough to lean on his shoulder. They spoke for longer than was thought, for when Percy heard Jason call his name they realised it had been hours.

Artemis sighed, dropping her head entirely onto his shoulder. "You must go."

"Yes," Percy agreed. "But I've enjoyed my time here. You're a good person, Artemis. Much better than is led to believe."

"I'm guessing they all assume I'm some goddess who would murder anyone who forgot a formality and kill any male that comes within a mile of me," Artemis muttered.

"That's actually pretty accurate," Percy said. "I'll have to change that."

"I would appreciate it if you would." Artemis stood, offering a hand to him to help him up. "And I've enjoyed today as well. Perhaps we should talk again sometime."

As she flashed him out, his final thought was: She's really something, isn't she?

Alright, so chocolate raisins kind of got thrown out the window on accident. Whoops. Fuck it, it's fine. Hope you enjoyed!