Black Forest Cake

I just spend the last four hours making my new profile pic and I am in love with it. I wasn't aware that I could make stuff like that! You probably don't care, anyway. Enjoy.

Oh, also: No offence, but I really don't care that manatees are freshwater and not saltwater. This is fanfiction, I do whatever the fuck I want.

"What're we doing in Germany?" Percy grumbled, tromping along behind Artemis. "I thought the gods were only in America."

"The gods are everywhere," Artemis replied. "Everywhere that another pantheon isn't, at least."

"Are there any pantheons in Germany?"

"There's the Germanic gods," Artemis answered. "They share relation with the Norse gods."

"Aren't the Norse gods in America as well?"

"Only about half of the pantheons follow the heart of the west," Artemis supplied. "The rest choose to stick to their home country or follow their worshippers."

There was silence. "So . . . why are we in Germany?"

"There was a minor god in the German Black Forest that kept mythical animals, much like Geryon does. His farm was ambushed and someone let the flesh-eating horses out. Father tasked me with capturing them," Artemis said grumpily. "Don't know why I have to do it, though. I say just let the fucking things run. Isn't like there are many German demigods, anyway."

"Gods, I hate those things," Percy muttered. "Last time I saw them they tried to eat me."

"You're a son of Poseidon. Shouldn't they listen to you?"

"You know, I never thought of that," Percy admitted. "We'll have to see. How many are there?"

"Father never said, but I would estimate maybe fifteen or twenty of them," Artemis guessed. "Why?"

"Do you think I can give them to the huntresses?"

"As much as they'd love that, no," Artemis shot down. "They'd clear the area within a day of arrival."

"Yeah, but just think about it," Percy said enthusiastically. "The hunters riding into battle atop carnivorous horses. That'd be a force to be reckoned with!"

"I said no."

"But-"

"No."

"I'll make it happen!"

"Yeah, you try."

Sorry, I'm feeling lazy today. Prompt: Reconciliation. Go.