All Is Ours

"Well, then what the hell can we do?" Percy asked. "If we're not going out to dinner or to a movie or something then what can we do? A hunting date?"

"There's surely more than that," Artemis said. "What else to couples do?"

"There's, like picnics or concerts, which are sort of like dinner and movies but whatever." Artemis raised an eyebrow. "Some people will maybe go to the beach or go sightseeing, I guess."

"Sightseeing?" Artemis said. "Seeing what?"

"I don't know, some sort of landmark? I've never gone on a date," Percy said. "Does that interest you?"

"It does," Artemis said.

"Where should we go?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"What?" Percy asked. "Why?"

"Well, we've got all night," Artemis said. "We've got time. I don't really know many landmarks outside of Greece and part of the United States. You choose."

"I mean, how far can we really go?" Percy asked.

Artemis laughed. "Percy, I'm a goddess. We can go however far you want. Anywhere in the world."

"The whole world?" Percy said. "Holy shit, that's . . . amazing."

"So?"

"Oh, uh . . . Everest?" Percy said, really unsure of himself.

"The one in the Himalayas?" Artemis said. "Sure."

And then they were suddenly not looking at Everest but on Everest. They weren't at the top, of course, but still, it was thousands of feet off of the ground. Percy gaped at the ground far below, the other mountains surrounding the area and the vast landscape spread beneath. He looked down at the snow beneath his feet and then up at Artemis. "This is . . ."

"I told you," Artemis smiled. "Tonight is your night. Whatever you wish we shall do."

"Tonight, the world is yours."

Sorry it's so short, that last scene was all I had in mind for this and I tried to expand on it a little bit but it's still short. As for the original work, I'm still not entirely sure how much the plot will actually change so I won't summarise it just yet but if enough people are interested I can give people links to any progress I make. Cheers!