April Fools

Alright 'guest ,' I'm so sorry for wanting to get my readers opinions. I just want to know what you all want to see me write. It can get a bit hard to think up ideas when I've written over seventy-five one-shots just out of my head, some for crazy prompts. I'm not doing anything wrong here.

Anyway, thanks to Draconic King for the idea. I kind of turned it more sad than comedic, though. Really, anyone who's kept up with me has probably realised I like my tragedies.

Artemis had been tracking a deer in the woods when she heard a scream. Her head shot up, whipping toward where the shriek came from. She would recognise his voice anywhere.

Artemis broke into a sprint, racing through the brush expertly. She kept her ears open for any other sounds but there was only silence. It worried her. She put more power into her steps only to skid to a stop when she noticed someone laying on the ground. She dropped to her knees next to him. "Percy? Are you okay?"

He groaned, curling in on himself while clutching his stomach. Artemis tried to coax him into relaxing but he kept himself stiff, not really seeming to be aware of her. She carefully shook his shoulder and he gasped, eyes fluttering open for a moment before drifting shut again. "Percy!" She yelled. "Come on, answer me!"

She collapsed beside him, tucking her face into his shoulder with a tear slipping out of her eye. There was a moment of nothing before she felt two arms wrap around her waist and pull her closer to his untucked body. "I'm so sorry," he muttered. "I didn't think you'd act this badly."

Artemis shot back to look at him. He wasn't in any visible pain nor were there any wounds, he just looked sad and guilty. "What?" She said in a hollow voice.

Percy smiled remorsefully. "April fools," he said quietly, sitting up and pulling her up along with him. "I'm sorry. So, so sorry. We all thought pranking you would be a great idea, but I guess we didn't think of how you'd feel." His gaze dropped to the ground.

He was expecting her to go off on him, to explode or something, but instead, he felt a punch land on his chest. It was followed by two more and Percy looked up at her again. She looked angry but not as bad as he'd thought it'd be. He remembered that she'd once told him she had a soft spot for him, and it seemed that was true.

She lunged at him, sending them both tumbling head over heels. They settled with Percy on the ground and Artemis stretched out on top of him. She pressed a quick kiss to his lips. "I love you too much to be angry at you."

Percy sighed. "Thank the gods. I thought I was dead."

"I'll kill you later, along with whoever else helped come up with this idea. Right now I'm just relieved you aren't dying so enjoy it while you can." She landed one more punch to his chest for good measure. Percy pressed his lips to her forehead, lingering for a second before pulling back.

Remind him to stay away from her after this.

Shorter than I would've liked, but I guess it'll do. I forgot my homework at school and am probably going to be in deep shit tomorrow. Heh.