Show Time

A loud crash was heard all over the ship, startling all the Egos awake, Chase was the first one to open the door of his cabin to take a look at the hallway. "What the hell was that?" Chase said groggily.

The rest of the Egos exit their cabins, Marvin ribbed his eyes, his green curls falling over his face. "What is going on? I have a big show tomorrow and I can't perform if I don't catch any sleep!" Marvin said annoyed, "I'm wondering the same thing, bro." Chase yawned "Was probably nothin'."

"I have a bad feeling about this..." the hero said, gripping at his door a little too hard. His eyes flashing from blue to bright green. That could only mean one thing; Jackie was about to have a panic attack. Chase quickly noticed the strange behavior on the hero. "Jackie, let's see Schneep, he must have something to calm your nerves."

Chase extended his hand towards Jackie, he hated being weak in front of the others, especially Marvin who already returned to his cabin. He was the amazing Jackieboy Man! And he was terrified of the ocean... With shaky hands, he took Chase's.

He agreed to this trip because Marvin begged him to come, and he's not the type to beg.

"Pleaaaase, Jackie! I'll get you the best cabin on the whole ship! It'll be big, you'll have a balcony, unlimited access to the buffet. I'll do anything! Just, please come with me!" The magician kept rambling. Usually, Jackie would say yes to everything Marvin asked, but this was a trip on a ship, on the ocean, in the middle of nowhere. A death trap.

"Marvin... I don't think this would be a good idea... I can't just disappear for an entire week. I have to protect the city. Who's-" "That's why I'm humiliating myself here! You need a break! We all do!" The magician stood up and grabbed Jackie by the shoulders. "You've been so stressed lately l, I just want to help you."

Marvin sighed defeated, "I guess I'll send you a video of my performance..." Jackie hated this, he hated being afraid of the ocean, he hated hurting Marvin; his best friend. He sucked in a breath and swung his arm around Marvin's neck, "A video? I wouldn't miss your show, even if the world was burning to the ground." Marvin's eyes glowed green with excitement, he then flipped his curly bangs out of his face "I knew you couldn't resist me."

"Ow!" Chase cried out, Jackie didn't realize held Chase's hand too tight, he let go quickly "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Chase rubbed his hand, trying to hide the pain that Jackie's stress causes him "It's all good, bro. I'll have doc patch me up" The finally reached the doctor's cabin and knocked at his door. "Do you have any idea how late it is?" The heard behind the door, "I thought I said- oh! Chase, what did you do know?" Schneep said scanning the vlogger for any injuries.

"I didn't do anything, dude! Do you have anything for Jackie here?" Schneep's eyes shifted from the vlogger to the hero "What's wrong, Jackieboy? Are you sick? You look very, very pale!" The doctor exclaimed, "Come in!" Schneep stepper out of the way as Jackie walked into the cabin. "I'll be back, I'm going to check in the others." Chase ran off, disappearing through the hallway.

"What do you need? Painkillers? The Flu Shot?" The doctor started looking through his bag while Jackie was trying to hold himself together, his body was trembling non-stop. He could feel the heat of his power trying to escape through his eyes. This only happened when he was in danger, and you bet he did felt in danger. His breathing became more shallow and rapid, and he dropped to his knees. "You are fine, Jackie, you are fine..." he kept telling himself.

"Jackieboy, what's the matter? You don't look so good, tell me what's wrong!" Schneep kneeled in front of him, he tried to put his hand on the hero's shoulders but he snapped them back. "You are burning up!"

"I need to get out of here, Henrik." He said between breathes, "Is not safe in here..." Jackie stood up and ran away, knowing that he couldn't be followed thanks to his super speed. Then, another loud bang made the ship rumble, he tripped and fell. What was going on?