Stay

A/N: X Reader stuff!

It had been hours since you went out to look for him, it was getting cold and the clouds were threatening to let the rainfall. You've tried his phone but it always went to voicemail.

Then you stop, the scent of blood filling your nostrils. Your heart dropped when you notice a slump of red laying against the brick wall of an alley.

Your feet started moving before your brain registers what's going on. In a matter of seconds, you find yourself kneeling next to the hero. His mask was torn off, there were big spots of dark red all over his torso; stab wounds.

"J-Jackie?" You whispered, tears already brimming in your eyes

He stirred at the sound of your voice, even in this situation he found the strength to flash you a smile.

"Of all the people... you're the one to find me." He whispered, "this is— this is a little embarrassing."

"What were you thinking? Henrik said to stay home!" You reproached while taking off your jacket and draping it over him. You fumbled a little while looking for your phone. How long had he been here? "We are going to have a talk when we get home and Schneep patches you up."

You then felt his fingers curl around your wrist, his smile faltering, "I— I think it's late for me..."

"Don't you say that. Don't—I'm going to get you home, so shut up and focus on breathing."

"I've— I've always loved when you take charge."

The phone rang three times before you heard the German doctor respond, "I found him, and h-he's in pretty bad shape." You said as you fought the tears

"Stay with him, we are on our way. Keep him awake as long as you can."

You put your phone away and turned to him, his eyes were closed which sent you in panic.

"No no no, J-Jackie? You gotta stay awake, Schneep's orders." You patted his cheeks, his cheeks felt cold and the color of them was quickly draining away. "P-please, you have to stay awake! You— you promised to go around the world with me... You promised..."

"S'tired..." he mumbled as he leaned towards your touch "I... I wanna s-sleep..."

"I know, I know. But, just be stronger for a little bit longer, okay? F-For me?"

He took a shallow breath and smiled once again. Tears slipped down his cheek. "I-I'm sorry..." He then leaned his weight on you, shuddering at the sudden surge of warmth. "Stay w-with me?"

You let out a sob as you brought him closer to you, your fingers slowly entangling in his brown locks. "I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you, you big goof." Your tears fell freely, realizing his body relaxed on your hold. "No... No– Please come back, you're not done, you hear me?"

You then heard footsteps around the corner. In another situation, you would've been alert but you were too focused on the fallen hero, clutching him closer. You didn't even notice when Marvin picked him up or Schneep helping you up and guiding you to the car.