Old Friend

"You tricked me!" Anti growled as he was being tied down with iron chains. He shuddered at the iron grace on his skin, rage clouding his judgment while Dark stared him down. That's all he did, watch how these humans took his best friend into custody.

Anti struggles to get free, but his wings were already tied up. He knew what was in store for him, he was a demon after all. He felt foolish for thinking- no, believing he could be best friends with an Angel. He got pushed down further into the muddy ground, some of it entering his mouth. He looked back up to Dark, who now had his back facing him, betrayal evident in his lack of action.

"You'll pay for this! I'll make you suffer like you never have before! Mark. My. Words!" Anti screamed, his eyes flashing between black and blue. Dark flinched at his words, his neon pink wings getting tense on his back. He started walking away when he heard an insane laugh escape the demon's lips. "Watch out, Darky. I'll be your worst nightmare!" He kept laughing while he got dragged away, keeping his sight on Dark's back.

Dark let out a shaky breath, he never meant to hurt him, he never meant for this to happen. The villagers strapped Anti down to a rock pedestal, he couldn't do anything about it. If he tried to save him, then he would also be punished, or worse, be executed.

Anti's grunts could be heard all over the village. "You will ALL regret this day! I'll come back as your worst nightmare and you will all be sorry!" He screeched, his eyes were full of fury and his wings trying to get free from the chains that bound them down. Dark took a last glance at his best friend; anger, horror, panic written all over his face. A Knight dressed in black armor holding a big, bloodstained axe towards Anti, his struggles became more agitated, ripples of time and space surrounded him while he tried to warp away from this nightmare.

"GET THAT AWAY FROM ME!" Anti screeched with horror. The knight let out a sinister chuckle, "Let's see who is more powerful now, demon." The knight hovered his axe dangerously close to Anti's sweaty neck, but he then slowly hovered it down to his neon green wings. Anti's eyes widen in terror, anything but his wings. Desperation took over his senses, he wriggled and trashed not caring for the iron chains burning his skin. His heart beating frantically as the axe neared his precious wings. "Hold still, demon, or I'll end up cutting something else." The knight barked at him. Anti growled and snarled in return, he didn't do anything to deserve this, he didn't ask to be a demon, he didn't ask for any of this.

His anger began to disappear as panic took over. His eyes frantically searching for the only person he thought he could trust, he didn't have anyone else. Dark had to help him, they went through so much together. This couldn't be the end.

"Dark! Please, help me!" "He desperately screamed. "Please, help me! Don't let them do this! T-tell then I am good! I'm on their side!" His eyes kept darting between terrified human faces, all he wanted was to be accepted. He hated being a demon, he hated being feared. Tears prickled his eyes, he then saw a flash of neon pink; Dark took flight off into the stary night, his wings standing out as the distance between them grew. Anti's heart dropped at the sight of his friend flying away, abandoning him with these savages.

"P-please... don't go..." the defeated demon whimpered, a single tear rolled down his cheek as the axe came down.

Thunder rumbled and lighting cracked behind Anti, rain was pounding hard on his head. He took a look at the now defenseless Dark, his perfect black suit torn apart and blood prickling down his face. Hatred was all he felt when he looked down at the Angel, only to feel a light sting on his back, the memory of the night he lost his wings still hunting him.

"Remember that night?" He said through gritted teeth while clenching the handle of his bloodstained knife.

"A-Anti, p-please..." The Angel stutter, the demon kneeled down, inched closer to his ear and smiled "It seems... I've forgotten the event of that night" Anti purred, sending a shiver down Darks spine. "Just the way you forgot about me, old friend."