Nightmare

JSE Story

Trigger Warning: Blood, cursing, possession

It's been a while since Jack was able to enjoy the holiday season. He found himself sitting across the fireplace which was killing him and the rest of the Egos warm. Chase, Jameson and Marvin were all cuddle up together with blankets on the floor. Jackie was all bundled up with Sam on the small chair, while Schneep had his head resting on his lap. It was a very hard decision between spending Christmas in his dimension with his family or with the Egos. He chuckled to himself as he remembered how their eyes lit up with happiness and excitement when he told them he would spend the holidays with them.

He then carefully pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the times he was surprised to see the Egos sleeping so early. Maybe he should do the same, get a little rest before it was time to open gifts. His eyes free hacker the more he stared at the cracking flames at the fireplace.

"Isn't this lovely?" Static filled the air around the cabin, his body tensed up when he heard Anti's voice echo through the room. He wiped his head around, but there was no sign of the demon, but he then noticed that no of the Egos where around. He jumped to his feet, panic rising in his chest and blinding his senses.

"Guys?" He called out, but what he got in response was a sickening laughter. The cabin started to melt away in front of his eyes. What kind of sick trick was this? Jack sprinted out if the cabin and found himself in the snowy woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase walked downstairs carefully holding two mugs of hot chocolate, he knew it was Jack's favorite and it was already that time of year. And on top of that it was his turn to keep an eye on him. There we so many things he wanted to tell him, maybe this time he would react to his voice. The more he got closer to the basement the louder the machines monitoring Jack got.

"Hey buddy, it's me again." Chase walked closer to him, he swallowed hard the knot on his throat as he gazed at his creator. "I umm, I-I brought you some hot chocolate. I know you can't drink it, but maybe the smell of it will spark something." He then sat down, leaving the mug on the nightstand next to him.

"It's Christmas Eve, the rest are upstairs finishing up decorating. Even Schneep offered to help." He forced a chuckled, "He never leaves your side, it's the first time in months that he does, only because you..." Chase sighed, his eyes focused on the slow rising and falling of his chest with every breath he took, his heartbeat steadily beeping on the machine. "I recorded a video today, for your channel I mean. When you wake up, I hope we can collaborate together. I've gotten better at it. Hell, Stacy even the me see the Kids a few days ago. I wish you could see how much they've grown."

His voice cracked a little, but it didn't stop a smile to find its way on his face. It was such a nice surprised when Stacy showed up with them, it was so unexpected from her. He never felt so happy, but soon enough he was brought back to reality when the sound of Jack's heartbeat started increasing with each passing second. Another nightmare, "Jack, you are safe." He hushed to him, "is just a nightmare." And then Jack started shivering, his breathing becoming shaky and rapid. Was he cold? Chase quickly grabbed his hand, the blood drained from his face, he was freezing. "Henrik!" he yelled in terror.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack walked further into the forest, arms were wrapped tightly around his body to keep the little heat he had left. The further he walked in the harder the snow fell, he couldn't keep his teeth from chattering from the cold, hell, he only had a sweater on.

"Are you cold, Jack?" he heard Anti's glitchy voice fill the air. "I can make that go away, all you have to do is give me what I want." Then his glitchy form appeared in front of him, knife in hands and a wide crazed grin on his face. "That whole scenario was lovely. Although, it kinda hurt I wasn't included. I'm part of the family after all." he said sarcastically.