each morning i get up i die a little

i really hope you like this, make sure to check @chocolatemilk19 out because they're amaaaaazing

Working in a coffeeshop, obsessing over classic rock and secretly playing drums over his best friend's house on the weekends was Ben's life for quite sometime. The routine remained and his only pair of shoes worn out, as his every day life continued to be the most monotonous thing he could ever imagine. Take the underground to work listening to Cream, make coffees listening to the stones, come back listening to Queen and watch movies until he fell asleep, maybe a drag of a cigarette before going to bed to the sound of hendrix (bands did vary from day to day). On the weekends, He would go to his friends', Lucy, and play the drums while she went out and had fun or went over to her boyfriend's, who was also Ben's friend, to study since both of them were acting majors.
Today wasn't any different of a Ben's regular tuesday. He woke up to "Sunshine of Your Love" by cream, brushed his teeth and combed his hair while jamming to Joe's Garage by Frank Zappa, Got dressed listening to White Queen by, well, Queen and headed to work listening to a The Clash album. He walked in the familiar dark roast smell and instrumental Jazz quietly playing on the coffeeshop — needless to say that Ben completely disapproved the shop's playlist and if he ever became manager of that place that'd be his first order of business.
— Good morning Ben.
— Hey man, how's it going?
Gwil was his best friend, he worked in the coffeeshop part time to pay for college and was basically the goal of every university student in the planet: Gwilym was good looking, funny, smart, well rested, had a job and also good grades. He was also incredible at making capuccino foam designs which essentially made him a superior human being.
— Same old story Gwil: wake up, take the underground and get here. No news.
— I mean, if nothing changes nothing can get worse, right? — He was the most positive person Ben knew, and even though it could get annoying, it was the one thing that kept him from quitting the job out of pure impulse — plus, you never know. Maybe someone walks in here, you notice them listening to a great band and you end up playing drums in a band with a random stranger you'd never even speak to if you didn't work here
Ben scoffed and smiled. He wished. But there was no more 70's rock and roll scene, nothing was the same and would never be, and that was okay for him. Transforming music into money was the last thing on his mind. He carefully knotted the apron around his waist and tied his hair down, leaving only the bangs loose.
The good part about working at a hipster coffee shop is that you could see everyone; you saw the hipster men with their meticulous mustaches and the punk girls with the nose rings, you saw the high school students and the lawyers, you saw geeks, freaks and everyone you could imagine. The truth is, Ben loved his job, he loved that he could pay his rent and he loved making coffee. He adored talking to strangers and smiling at people he recognized from other days. He said he hated it, but it was mostly the jealousy of not having anything to brag about talking. He brushed all of his thoughts away quickly when realized there was a line forming already in the counter.
And right there in the line he saw a new face, a stranger he could talk to and maybe steal a laugh from, someone that'd be listening to one of his favorite bands and invite him to play with them sometime.
"Today is gonna be a great day" Ben thought to himself.

OMG I ACTUALLY LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!