i just can't get a relief

hello my little froggies! I know this day is lasting three fucking chapters and it might be a little annoying but idk i feel like it's working out?? y'all tell me please (like seriously, PLEASE tell me whatever y'all thinking)
As soon as Ben got in his apartment after work, he showered and changed into something he thought was casual enough for the movies. It's important here to know that Ben did not know how to dress properly, he had clothes of different styles and his mix and matching abilities would sometimes bless him and others curse him. Today was... unique. This very 80's vibe, white buttoned up shirt with adidas joggers and white sneakers. It was somewhat chill but also it made it seem like Ben had a sense of style — which he hadn't. He took all of his stuff (that summed up into phone, keys, wallet, lighter and a pack of cigarettes) and headed outside to the — well, you know the drill, to the underground. He was excited and couldn't stop texting Joe.

Ben, 6:14pm: Joe I'm going on a date!
Ben, 6:16pm: Joe is it combining a white buttoned up with joggers a bad idea?
Ben, 6:20pm: Joe do you think she'll choose a good movie?
Ben, 6:22pm: Joe I forgot my deodorant! I can't make it!
Ben, 6:31pm: Joe I calmed down, I'm going and I'm confident about this!

Joe, 6:33pm: 1. she's a Killer Queen
2. 80's were the golden era (that of course if you were a straight, rich, white man lol)
3. are you actually going to watch it tho?
4. rock the natural
5. you are amazing ben, don't let anyone — and i mean anyone — tell you otherwise! you got this, and if she doesn't like you we behead her like marie antoinette

Ben chuckled looking to his phone as he left the train and got up the stairs. Joe's texts confused him at times, but he liked it. It was sort of like a little game Ben had to play it the little in between moments of the day. He had a small smile on his lips of thinking about the marie antoinette text, when he bumped into a wall — like an idiot, he thought. When he looked up to the wall, he made sure to check if anyone had seen it. But someone had seen it: Maddie. She was quietly laughing about Ben's tiny embarrassment. Josh smile widened.
— What exactly are you laughing about?
— Nothing. — She giggled — absolutely nothing.
— Awe, shut up! — Now Ben was the one giggling — Lets just forget about this stupid event and choose a movie! What do you want to watch?
— Um, I don't know, I was thinking on a Horror Movie?
Ben almost rolled his eyes. That was definitely a make out session he'd pay £18 for and that didn't exactly made him the happiest man alive.
—Yeah, sure! Whatever you fancy!
— Great! So let's watch the one with the weird creature that lives in the toy or something.
They bought their tickets, they didn't buy popcorn but they did buy soda. Two separate ones, because this is a first date and sharing one is too intimate for that. They headed in the line to the movie, Ben was extremely nervous and spacing out. It had been quite a while since he had went on a dats with someone he actually liked, he didn't want to screw up. Anytime Maddie would ask something or initiate a conversation, Ben would either be on his own head or he'd answer overly excited. He didn't have the attention to notice if Maddie mind it or not. He wanted to text Joe, ask for advice but that'd be a very weird thing to do during a date, and Joe would probably agree.
As they got in the Movie theater everything seemed to slow down. Every movement, every word, every look seemed like it was in slow motion. Maddie's lips would curl up in a different way and her eyes would blink at a different speed. The movie started, Ben wasn't paying much attention, for one he didn't like horror movies and two, he was worried he'd get carried away and forget about Maddie — he sometimes would do that, movies were far too interesting and complex for him not to dedicate his time to them. At some point, Maddie placed her hand over his; he turned his hand so he could hold her hand. He looked at her for a second and she leaned in. He leaned in then. They were getting closer, and closer. Maddie smashed her lips against his, soon enough turning into something more passionate. In a couple of minutes, Maddie was on top of Ben and it was driving him absolutely crazy. She'd whisper in his ear and grab his hair tightly. God if they weren't in a movie theater...
And then a loud scream that scared them both. Ben chuckled and took it as a funny moment but Maddie... Maddie seemed a bit off? It didn't seem like she was body and soul there. At the end of the movie they had made out a lot, and by a lot it means a lot. They had also done some other stuff, but by the time the lights were on and they left the theater, Ben had this intense passion glow on his eyes and Maddie's were very much downcast, like she had just watched the season finale of a very good show. Ben stopped walking and turned to her with a cheeky smile, reaching for her hand.
— So, this was fun...
— It was.
— And I think we should go out again. Something more personal I was thinking.
Maddie slipped her hands away from him. Shit.
— Sure... I'll text you alright?
— Yeah but
— Bye Ben!
And so she went away, and Ben felt it deep: he had ruined it, scared her away. He was devastated, he had lost another one. In other times he'd be the one disinterested or he'd get scared, but now that he had finally found a little bit of excitement in someone he couldn't handle it. He needed Joe's advice at that moment, all the nonsense texts and random references he could get.

Ben, 9:14pm: I screwed up Joe
Ben, 9:14pm: I don't think we'll be seeing each other again.

He texted Joe and put the phone on his pocket, walking head down to the underground. So many thoughts on his mind that he didn't even know in which one to focus. The simple thought of Maddie's hand slipping from his own made a muscle on his jaw twitch and his eyebrows furrow. So lost on his own mind he didn't realize he was already on the station. He looked up to all the people, each and everyone in their own world, having as many complex insights as there were people walking on the area. All of those people had their own intricate life dramas and self interests, their own stories and their own smiles. That was something that Ben loved: smiles. Unfortunately people wouldn't usually be smiling on a day to day basis, so Ben would have to imagine sometimes how people looked when they were happy. Did they have dimples? Maybe a crooked tooth, or a missing one even! White shiny teeth or metal braces? Thick lips that curled up or thin ones that almost disappeared? Ben could forever speculate, and he would if the delicate notification sound hadn't distracted him.

Joe, 9:21: hold your horses ben, call me when you're home and calmer

For a second Ben felt mad, he wanted the advice and the witty jokes now. It almost felt selfish of Joe for a second, but quickly he came to understand that Joe was, once again, right. Ben needed to cool down and think properly over the situation.

"Would Joe ever not be right about something?" Ben wondered, sitting on a mildly uncomfortable seat on the train.