can barely stand on my feet

— Hello how can I help you?
The man on the line looked nervously for his wallet on his brown leather bag, finding it as soon as Ben asked.
— Uhm, Hi! — Ben clearly noticed the american accent. You wouldn't hear it much in London, Ben only knew Rami and had heard it from some few American tourists in the past year — Can I get a uh... sorry, what's a cortado?
— Cortado is basically a Spanish machiatto sir.
— Oh, interesting but not for today. Let me see... Well, I guess I'll go with good old Latte then.
— Perfect! Can I get a name?
— It's Joe.
Joe seemed anxious and in a rush so Ben didn't linger the conversation any further. He wrote the name on the cup and drew a smiley face on the side, passing the cup to Gwil.
— That's £3.50 Joe
Joe took five pounds off of his wallet and placed it in Ben's hand.
— You can keep the change as a tip.
— Thank you! — at that moment, Gwil handed over the coffee to Ben, and Ben to Joe — Here's your latte.
— Thanks man.
— Cheers.
Joe walked fast out of the café and disappeared into the distance, and Ben hoped that at some point he'd see the innocent smile on the cup and maybe draw one on his own lips.

switch of POV

Joe grabbed his Latte and ran straight to the subway station. It was his first day working as camera director in the BBC studios and that was the best opportunity he had ever gotten and he could not show up late to it. He ran down the stairs and as soon as he sat down on the early train he drank the coffee peacefully. He took a peak at his name on the cup and saw a smile on the side. He chuckled a little himself, and three stops later prepared to get off. He didn't have to ride the subway that long but he preferred it, walking would take him a little too long and he would have to wake up earlier and all those small little inconveniences he didn't want to deal with, not right now at least.
Joe was nervous, and very excited. How in hell did BBC decide it was wise to hire a 24 year old? Joe knew he had relatively good works he had shown and he had quite good grades in college but usually the stakes were higher than that. Joe didn't understand but he wasn't gonna question the amazing door that had opened for him. He had drank almost all of his coffee when he looked again at the smiley face. Joe couldn't contain himself, he finished the latte and ripped the name and the drawing off the cup and stored it in his pocket. It wasn't anything absolutely remarkable but just a little souvenir of his first day of work in London.
He got in the pompous complex, shaking a little bit. When he got inside the actual building, a short, square man sitting on the reception table asked him for his info and told Joe where did he have to go. He got in the elevator and opened a smile to the other people inside it.
"Today is gonna be a great day" Joe thought to himself.