but everybody wants to put me down

and as quickly as i left, i came back! twitter drama dies very easily and honestly there was more confirmation that the dms were fake than real so yeah. the hardzello thing, i just want to make it clear: it's not an ACTUAL relationship and just please lets not step over the line. don't encourage creepy writing/posting of hardzello stuff and don't tag the boys if the thing is overly sexual ffs! anyway, enjoy the fic!

Static. That was the only word that could describe how Ben felt at that moment. He was taking Joe on an actual date, no fake premises and no nervousness of Joe finding out about secret feelings or sorts. Every nervous ending in his hand felt like it was interlinked to a electric current by having Joe's hand grabbing it. Ben then started pulling Joe around the streets until he found a small Irish pub with cheap beer and some cover band playing Bob Dylan. They sat down on a table in the middle of the place, Ben was just absolutely astonished with the fact that it was actually happening. It scared him and he couldn't help but think it could all go wrong in a matter of seconds, but Joe's smile could outshine all of the insecurities, at least for a second, at least for the time being.

— So Ben, tell me, what do you like to do? — Joe would never drop the acting, Jesus he loved that, Ben could clearly tell — I think it's important that we get to know each other before anything.
— Well Joe, I love playing the drums and watching movies. I'm very keen on music in general and I sometimes can be an arrogant twat with both music and movie critiques.
— Oh that's interesting, I don't play any instruments but I love movies and music too! In fact, I went to film school, I now work on BBC as a camera director. What about you?
— I didn't do any college and my job isn't half as glamorous, but I do coffee for cute guys on a rush sometimes.
— Oh really? Tell me about one of them.
— Okay, once there was this one guy, a ginger and American. Came in the shop not knowing what to order, was looking for his wallet like he didn't have the time to breathe. He asked me what was a cortado but ended up getting a latte, i remember i drew a smile in his cup because his day seemed not to be going particularly amazing.
— Oh, you mean... — Joe then took his wallet off his pocket and took a little piece of carton paper from the inside — You mean like this one?

He kept it. He kept the little smile Ben had gifted him in the day they met, and overwhelmed by the sequence of amazing little things Ben kissed Joe. It was also because he couldn't ever get enough of kissing Joe and he needed to compensate all of the hours, minutes, days or seconds he hadn't kissed him since they met. It was passion overflowing Ben's body and words, everything seemed so precious and every moment seemed to stretch more than it was capable to last.

When they broke apart Joe was breathless and Ben was too happy to say anything. Everything was so beautifully painted Ben couldn't even comprehend how it was all happening, it seemed like a beautiful dream that he was about to wake up, but no. It was life, it was happening and Joe was with him.

— Joe how come?
— What do you mean?
— How come are you here with me tonight?
— I guess I couldn't resist the New York Times bouquet. — He laughed, but I was just slightly smiling — And... and you make me happy, you make me comfortable and even better, when you push me to feel uncomfortable you do it watching over me because you know I can improve and be someone better. You make me feel like I can be someone better.
— You can't be someone better Joe. — He looked confused at Ben — You are perfect.

Joe stretched his hand and grabbed Ben's tightly and the world seemed to stop turning, time had stopped all of a sudden.

jajskska this is a short one but i needed to do a wholesome chapter with just pureness and LOVE :)