The Limit

"I...It really is you..." Monika was in tears, her whole body trembled. You ended up in tears and stared at her.

"Y...Yeah...it is." You nodded your head and raised your arms up as a sign for a hug. Monika pushed the chair aside and walked quickly to you to get trapped in your embrace. And so it happened. There wasn't a single space between you and Monika. During the embrace, sniffling and soft crying were heard from both you and Monika, especially Monika. You could see why, throughout the entire game she was stuck seeing the main character - you - surrounded by girls who want you as their own. The hug lasted long, but when it ended, you and Monika stared at each other for a good couple of minutes. You were looking at her emerald eyes as she looked at your e/c eyes. Both you and Monika had big smiles, but it wasn't long before the space was lost, as immediate lip contact was made. You had no idea who made the move, you felt as if both you and Monika did it at the same time. Her lips were soft and gentle.

Wow. You're kissing Monika.

You're kissing a girl.

'Doesn't that make me a lesbian?' You thought to yourself. Wow, it never occurred to you that you ended up kissing a girl.

'...Screw it. Monika's the one.' You concluded to yourself. The kiss lasted around a minute, as Monika pulled back and stared at you for a while. She would glance over at your lips, then back at you. Then she would pull you in for another kiss. It was a small routine for around 10 more minutes. Throughout the 15 minutes, no words were spoken. Eventually, Monika looked at you and silently caressed your hair,

"...How did you.." She whispered softly, her voice still trembled.

"Remember that fortune teller?" You reminded her. Her eyes lit up,

"Sh...She told you about it?"

"Yeah." You gave a smile and nodded, "She told me there was a way to get to you."

"So that's why you were all excited." Monika spoke softly, a wry smile appeared on her face. You nodded your head, your smile grew just a little. It wasn't long before a smile appeared on Monika's face as she giggled, rested her head against yours.

-----------

20 minutes pass and you and Monika were sitting on the floor, backs rested on nearest wall and talked. There was no space between you and Monika, literally. Shoulders were touching.

But besides that, you and Monika were talking on what Monika went through, more of how she saw you.

"So it was all static?" You asked to see Monika sadly nod her head.

"Yeah, when I broke the game and talked to you, it was all static, your voice and your looks." She explained, "So..t-this is a first I am actually seeing you face to face."

"I-I am still in a little disbelief on this." You rubbed your arm, "I-I mean when I walked in she knew about you!"

"The fortune lady knew about me?" Monika was in shock, "How?!"

"You wouldn't believe this." You looked at her, "MC was there."

"Wait, MC?" Monika shook her head, taken aback, "As in like, the boy you were playing as?"

"Yeah! I kid you not he was there! He said so himself, and he knew you well."

"Oh dear.." Monika covered her mouth, "H-He must've said awful things.."

"As if his words got to me." You rolled your eyes, "Honestly when I heard that there was a way to reach you, that was the only thing on my mind."

"Aww." Monika wrapped her arms around your arm.

"The fortune lady also told me that there is a way you can come to my word too." You gave a wide smile and watched Monika's eyes widen, "You can see my reality!"

"I...I can?" She squeaked, "How?"

"I am going to ask her in the morning." You answered, "And when I figure it out I will be doing it right away!"

Monika's forehead touched your shoulder. You heard her sniff, "I...I...I am so happy." You heard her whimper, "I...I can see your reality..finally.."

You pulled her away from your shoulder and embraced her once more. Tears were streaming down her eyes as she hugged you tight. "I..I thought it was impossible.." She whimpered.

"So did I.." Your voice started to tremble. It was because of how emotional Monika was that lead you to get emotional as well. "Tr-Trust me, so did I.."

"I dreamed for this....I truly did...a-and as if a shooting star came by..a-and made my dream come true." Monika whimpered with a small laugh.

"Y...Yeah.." You nodded your head. After around 5 more minutes, Monika pulled away from the hug, looked at you with a smile and asked, ".....This makes me want to write a poem about this.."

And so it was done.

You ended up writing some poems with Monika. At first you had no idea how to, but Monika helped you out. You managed to write a pretty decent poem about romance, which Monika adored. She wanted to keep your poem, as you wanted to have hers. However the moment the exchange of poems was made, you knew something wasn't right. You felt light, too light. It wasn't long before Monika noticed, her skin turned pale.

"Y...You're fading." She shrieked. You turned pale and looked down at yourself to see she was right. You were fading. Your hands were nearly gone, your feet long gone and your knees starting to fade. It wasn't long before Lollia's words echoed in your head;

"But take this consideration, my child. This only lasts an hour."

"T...There is a limit.." You teared up, "...I-It has already been an hour?" You whimpered. Monika's eyes were filled with tears that streamed down her face.

"N...No.." She shook her head, her body shook once more, "N...No please...don't leave!" She bolted to you and gave a tight hug.

"I-I don't want to!" You shook your head with tears in your eyes. The light feeling grew despite Monika's tight hug. It was a heart-breaking goodbye as in a blink of an eye you were back in the closet. Tears were streaming down your face

No....No....No no no...

Your hands darted to the lighter and you lighted up the candles once more. You took the knife and poked your finger and plucked another strand of hair. You put both on your phone again and placed your hand on the phone,

"T-T-T-Take me to where the holder of this game is!" Your voice was trembling as you said the chant once more. It wasn't long before the candle was lit again and the phone's screen turned lime-green. You dove into your phone this time. Within a blink of an eye you were back at the orange room. You saw Monika at the floor, hugging herself. She perked up and looked straight at you. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying so much.

"...Y...You came back.." She whimpered. She jumped on you and gave you a big hug. You fell to the floor but you didn't care.

You were back. That's all it matters right now at this moment.