Daylight Picnic

mafumafu x reader
fluff
-entry for spring festival in the utaite amino-
.
requester: none

reader's pov
After winter has ended, spring had begun to make its debut. Everything was in bloom; the once empty branches of trees now blooming with flowers and leaves alike, cherry blossom trees covering the entirety of Japan's great land.

Of course, during the winter season, fellow Utaites had been cooped up into their jobs: holding lives, concerts, composing songs, and many many more, leaving little to no time to give rest.

That included me and my boyfriend Mafumafu, of course, as we both worked as Utaites. This disappointed us dearly, but we were happy to see our fans satisfied.

Me and Mafumafu both agreed on doing a collaboration album for the upcoming spring, and there I was, cooped up in my room, thinking of possibly any ideas to write in the song, the collaboration song.

I tapped my pen against the desk, resting my head against my palm, groaning as I could never think of any idea. Staring at the paper, I realised how I didn't really like it, and began to crumple up the paper into a ball, and throwing yet another paper into the almost full trash bin at the side of my room.

Staring at the new blank sheet of paper, I groaned in frustration yet again. Standing up, I walked over to my bed, and flopped myself in the ever so comfortable mattress and sheets, burying my face into it and groaning again.

My phone then began to ring, causing me to jolt in surprise, the sound echoing throughout the once silent room. I reached out a hand to grab my cellphone, and immediately accepted it, not bothering to check the caller's ID.

"Hello?" Asked the familiar voice of the caller, causing me to jolt in surprise.

"Ah, Mafu-kun! What's the problem?" I asked, surprised at the sudden call.

"I was wondering if you're free today?" He asked.

"What for?" I asked, looking over at the trash bin, the desk, and then the wall.

"It's a surprise!" He says in a childish tone, causing me to giggle.

"Yeah, sure, sure. I'm free."

"That's great! Meet me at the front of my apartment later, 10:30!" He says.

"Okay, bye!" "Bye!" After that, he hung up, making me panic.

'What do I do?! Why did I just straight out lie to him?! The due is next week and—OH MY BISCUITS IT'S 10:15!!!' I panicked to myself, immediately getting up from the comfortableness of my bed, and began to fix myself up.

After wearing a thick coat and a mask, I made a dash out of my apartment complex, and towards his apartment, passing by crowded streets, feeling the cool wind hitting my face.

Arriving at the front of his apartment, I knocked. Twice. Thrice. The door opened, revealing him, Mafumafu in thick layers of clothing, smiling warmly. "(Y/N)-chan! Come in!"

After having invited me inside, the smell of hot chocolate hit me in the face, a smile creeping up to my face, as two mugs of the chocolate drink were placed on the coffee table.

He then sat down beside me after having locked the door, motioning for me to take a sip of the drink. Holding the mug in my mitten-clad hands, I took a sip after pushing my mask under my chin, smiling.

"So, what's that surprise you have for me?" I asked in curiosity, placing the half-full mug onto the coffee table, tilting my head as I gazed into his eyes.

"Like I said, it's a secret!! But, I want you to follow me after you finish!" He says in a childish tone, pouting as I giggle. "Yeah, yeah. Sure."

After having finished the mug, he then began to drag me outside excitedly. "Waaaait!" I said, already outside his apartment as he slung a bag (a rather large bag) over his shoulder, locking the door.

Pulling up our masks that once rested below our chin, we began our walk. Passing by crowded streets, making sure no one noticed us. Marvelling our surroundings, as cherry blossom petals paint the ground pink.

We arrived at a park—not just any park; Ueno Park. This park had been famous for one of the most amazing spots in Japan to view the sakura trees. I stared in awe, as he smiled at my awe strucked face.

"Ta-da! I figured that you'd like it here, since you were such a big fan of spring." He says, smiling cheekily, as I hugged him in joy, muttering words of gratitude. He blushes at the action, but nonetheless returned the favor.

Seeing such a large crowd wasn't much of a surprise for the both of us, so finding a good place to relax wasn't the most easiest thing, especially if you and your boyfriend is famous.

Alas, we finally found a good place; under a tree. Helping him lay down the mat, we sat on top of it, and began to converse about random topics and doing random things.

As we sat beside each other, something I didn't expected happened. His head decided to pay my shoulder a visit, laying onto it as he closed his eyes. The action caused me to blush profusely, body accidentally turning stiff.

"Shh, calm down, (Y/N)-chan." He says, gently placing his hand on mine as he caressed it. The small action caused me to calm down, yet my blush still didn't die down from the action.

Throughout the whole day, me and Mafumafu just spent time with each other, simply enjoying each other's presence.

-few days later-

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan, this song's really amazing! Where'd you get inspiration?"

"Simple.

It's all from the little date we had at Ueno Park."