Home's Warmth of Birthdays

lon x fem!reader
happy birthday, lon-san! (fluff
slight swear warning
.
requester: none

Reader's POV
It was Lon-chan's special day.

...

Guess who woke up at 3 in the morning just to bake her a cake?

Me. Her girlfriend.

Applying the finishing touches on the chocolate and vanilla-flavored cake, I sigh in relief. My head turns to the clock: 7:56 am. Only four more minutes till she wakes up.

With a yawn, my arms raises themselves backwards, stretching out my tuckered-out muscles, rubbing my eyes once I put them down. I something in the window: a me who owned disheveled hair and slight eye bags resting just below my eyes.

Everything was in place; the banners, the balloons, and even the party poppers! It was a pain to sneak these into our house (that we both shared) without Lon noticing it, but as long as Lon's happy, I'm happy.

In an attempt to fix my appearance, I lazily combed down my hair with my fingers, placing some hair pins in them in order to keep them in place, along with splashing some water on my face. The coldness of the liquid tickled my face, making me tingle all over.

Wiping off the water on my face, I stretched for one last time, dusting off my sleepwear I never bothered to change anyways. The kitchen was messy as shit, but I'd be sure not to let Lon know.

She doesn't need to know that.

The clock finally strikes eight, and the sound of muffled footsteps began to grow larger and larger. Hearing this, I scurried off to my proper place; also known as surprising her.

I scrambled up the stairs before Lon would even see me. I hid just near the wall to our room, my heart thumping in my chest. Seeing the door to our room open, my lips curved up into a smile, preparing my stance.

The door revealed Lon in all her beauty, although she was in her cream-colored pajamas, accompanied with her natural and iconic blonde... orange(?) hair disheveled, just like mine earlier.

Once she turns to the corner, I quickly and silently came up behind her, my hands covering up her sapphire/topaz eyes.

"Guess who~"

I spoke with a sing-song tune, as I could feel her lips curve up into a smile as well.

"Ohayou, (Y/N)-chan~"

She spoke cheerfully, playing along with the flow of my sing-song tune of voice from earlier. I silently snickered to myself, taking out the navy blue blindfold I had from my apron pocket.

Tying it around her eyes, I could sense the tiniest bit of shaking. My eyes perked at this, as a small wave of guilt washes over me.

"It's alright, Lon-san! I'll be careful, promise!"

Hearing this, I could hear her sigh in relief, as we slowly but surely made our way down the stairs. We finally arrived down at the ground floor of my home, as Lon clutches hard onto what she could feel as we walked.

We finally arrived in front of the table. Everything, as I said earlier, was perfectly put in place. No blemishes whatsoever; simply because I've planned this beforehand.

With a gentle tug on the ribbon of the blindfold, it fell off and gently fell onto the ground. There stood a table with the cake I worked on for 4 hours and a more than a half, a banner nailed onto the walls that simply said 'Otanjoubi Omedetou, Lon-san!', accompanied with balloons, and streamers.

"Happy birthday, Lon-chan!"

I stepped beside her, seeing her shocked expression, her eyes flickering with surprise and... tears?!

"(Y-Y/N)-chan..!"

Her voice quivers, as I could see the slightest tears fall down her cheeks. This immediately evoked a sense of panic inside of me, which caused me to kneel down to her height just to make eye contact with her.

"L-Lon-chan, don't cry!"

I spoke, waving my hands around in an attempt to calm her down. This action was proven to be futile, as I fished out a towel from my apron's pocket once more, gently dabbing it onto her tear-striken face as my eyes were wide in panic.

"Thank you..! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

She says, immediately tackling me onto the ground in an attempt to hug me. The action was predictable, but I always got shocked everytime she did it. I never really minded it, though; it was just her way to show affection.

"Thank you so much, (Y/N)-chan!"

She says, snuggling her face into the crook of my neck. The action causes me to jolt, as I stifled out a laugh. It tickles. My arms wrapped around her figure as well, pulling her in.

"Anything for the best girlfriend in the entire world— no, the entire universe!"

I said, painfully. It was painful, but hey! It was cheesy! And Lon liked cheesy! ...kinda.

This also caused her to stifle out a giggle, as she hovered over me. Finally standing up, she reached out a hand for me to take, in which, of course, I did so.

"C'mon, let's eat the cake before it gets cold! I spent a nice 4 hours on that!"

With a giggle, we both headed over to the table, pulling out a seat for Lon to sit on as I went to the mess-ridden kitchen to get out the proper dishes and utensils used for eating, adding in some glasses and some vegetable juice as well.

Once again, I've entered the dining room again, placing down the items I've brought along with me just in front of her, and immediately began to work. The cake I've worked on has now been but a slice in it.

Opening up the carton, I poured down vegetable juice onto the glass, being accompanied with Lon watching my actions enthusiastically. The way her eyes sparkled was just... so... so fucking cute~

(I promise I'm not a lolicon or something.)

After having our fair share of cake eating, and we simply spent the rest of the day lazing around and basking in the warmth of each other.

"Ne, (Y/N)-chan?"

"Hai?"

"Arigatou."

"...for what?"

"For this day. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I can't even express how much I love you for this!"

"Like I said, I'll do anything for the best girlfriend in the entire universe!"

"Waah, painful! But I'll love you! Thanks for the best birthday ever!"