Realizations

mafumafu x fem!reader
semi-mild-angst, fluff
.
requester: none

Mafumafu's POV
{teaser}
'(U/N)-chan...'

The name repeated in my mind nonstop, as if I were a broken recorder and that were the only thing written onto the tape. The way it rolled off anyone's lips; the name was just too beautiful.

Just like the owner of the name, too.

Whenever she took a glance at me, my face would turn as red as my character's eyes. And when she smiles...oh god, my heart. It feels like it would want to break out of my ribcage from how fast it would beat.

Her mysterious, yet gentle ways always seemed to get me falling for her deeper and deeper every time; even with the slightest of her attention focused on me, it would get me onto the ground in seconds.

Even so, I could still vividly remember the memories we had when we were together; the times where we were serious, the times where we fooled around just as if we were children. Every single one of them just can't seem to escape my mind.

Especially when we first met. That memory didn't dare escape my mind.

{Actual}
"Tadaima."

My empty words echoed throughout the entire household, not a single noise other than my voice being heard inside the empty apartment I ever-so-dearly called 'home'.

I sighed at the emptiness, just like I always do. Dull and empty, like my life. My eyes rolled over to my windows, revealing a pair of eyes glinting in the moonlight.

With a click of my tongue, I shut the curtains closed; closing down every other entrance that stood agape with a darkening expression I dared not show.

'Not again...'

I thought to myself in melancholy, a deep, uncharacteristic sigh escaping my lips once more as I wiped away the tears that pricked my eyes away with my black sleeve now stained with tears.

My tears.

A sudden 'ping' interrupts my train of thoughts as I looked over at my now Wi-Fi connected iPhone. With a curious yet hesitant hand, I reached out towards the gadget and picked it up.

An email from an unknown address.

I sighed in exasperation, rolling my eyes and opening the digital piece of mail with a single click of my pale hand. The mail revealed itself in all its 'holiness', yet another sigh escaping my lips as I expected it to be full of exclamation points and 'I'M SUCH A HUGE FAN!!! ILY MAFU!'

I was wrong.

Oh so very wrong.

It was a collaboration offer. From not just any Utaite: it was (U/N). The most famous Utaite of all time. She scored many fans not only because of her abilities in singing, but also of her kindness towards others. You could tell I'm a big fan of hers, too.

Seeing the email itself made me feel a bit giddy, jovial contemplations filling up my mind as euphoric excitement rushed through my veins, my eyes lighting up for the first time in a long time.