Mochaccino

nqrse x fem!waitress!reader
fluff
.
requester: none

nqrse's pov
"Damnit."

Those were the words that escaped my lips, only to be muffled by my mask. The sky was blanketed by dark grey clouds, raindrops making their way harshly and quickly to the ground with a pitter-patter.

People were running here and there, looking for shelter as they covered their heads with whatever they held in their arms; whether it was paper or anything.

I just so happened to be one of those people, covering my head with my folder of written rap lyrics, sprinting ahead of other people, not caring whether my shoes or pants got wet from my careless splashing from the puddles.

It was summer season right now! No one expected such heavy rainfall today. I even checked the news and they said it was 100% sunny forecast! So why the hell was it raining today?!

"Liars."

I muttered out with a muffle, disappointed and lowkey annoyed at those reporters. As a person who gets easily sick, the weather report is something I immediately checked before I head out.

Where I live is a bit farther, so I definitely am gonna need to find somewhere—anywhere that can provide shelter temporarily; whether it be a house or something, but that would be embarrassing, so I aimed for a café of some sort.

Luckily, and by absolute luck, I spotted a cafe just a few meters away from me. My eyes widened, and my sprints just got even faster. By this point, from all the puddles I've been stepping on, my shoes and a bit of my pants were wet.

Alas, I had finally arrived in front of the simple store. Wasting no more time, I hastily stepped in the cafe, shoes dripping wet. Waiters and waitresses who dashed around the café took a glance at me, but smiled and continued doing what they were doing earlier.

I sighed in relief, the creamy aroma of the café soon filled my nose, despite being muffled. I wiped my shoes across the conveniently placed doormat and made my way to the seats near the counter.

"Hello! Welcome to Sutaaba!"

A cheerful yet graceful voice filled my ears, as I tore my gaze from the wet document I had in hand and faced up to the voice's respective owner, who was in fact, female.

She seemed to be just in her 20's, same age as mine. Lustrous (H/C) hair, complexion bright with light bouncing off her skin. A bright smile decorated her face, (E/C) eyes warm and welcoming. Just that single frame would be enough for me to write up a whole rap about it; it was perfect.

"What would be your order?"

The graceful smile never left her lips as she spoke, voice smooth as honey. I felt awestruck; was this the feeling of love at first sight? No, no! This isn't the time to think about that! I'm just gonna be staying here to pass time because of the rain; not like I was gonna see her again, anyways.

I shoved those thoughts at the back of my head, hoping that I would forget those, and glanced up at the menu displayed above, in an attempt to avert my gaze from the beautiful yet unknown waitress.

"One mochacinno, please!"

A small smile graced on her lips once more, writing down something, presumably my order, down on a tony notepad, the sound of pencil scribbles filled up my ears satisfyingly.