Go

Tzuyu's POV

I smiled softly before pulling the blanket over Sana's small body.

"I did it Sana... I did it for you. I'm yours now. Even though... you'll never reciprocate these feelings. Just, know that I'm here. I'll always be here to catch you, even if it means you falling on me and hurting me instead." I chuckled lightly before leaning down to plant a soft kiss on my squirrel's forehead.

Sana's lips curved into a small smile.

My heart gushed as cute snores started to fall from her mouth. I felt my phone ringing, and quickly reached into my pocket.

I bit my lip guiltily, as our memories flashed back in an instant

I bit my lip guiltily, as our memories flashed back in an instant. I shook away those thoughts. I hurt her. I don't deserve her. She shouldn't be calling me.

'She deserves much more than being someone's second choice. I know how much that hurts.... more than anyone.' With that, I inhaled sharply before hesitantly pressing decline.

1 new voicemail

Open Close

I was about to turn off my phone when my finger accidentally hit open.

Nayeon's crying...

I felt my heart clench, and decided to continue listening. "Tzuyu ah~ I miss you so much... I feel so empty right now... I can't even describe it. I'm so confused... *sniffs* d-did I do something wrong? I'll change I promise. I'll be better. I'll try my best to be good enough for you please Tzuyu. I need you..."

Replay Close

I closed my eyes, listening to the voicemail over and over again, before finally deciding to reply.

"Nayeon... please, don't cry. You're good enough. And so much" My voice cracked as I tried to suppress the hurt in my tone as much as possible. "And you're so much more. If anything, I'm the one who isn't good enough for you. *inhales* You did nothing wrong... ok? I-I'm sorry."

Sent, 2:43am.

With shaky hands, I turned off my phone.

———————————————————

Nayeon smiled bitterly as she saw that Tzuyu had removed the image of the two of them from her instagram. "Mine no more..." she mumbled in a broken tone. Because well, she is...