Envy

(A/n: I'm feeling... melancholy, so I'm sorry if this chapter is... different. And Ik some of you guys aren't too fluent in English, but I wanted to try stepping up my game.)

Third Person's POV

'So what does Sana do now?' Her conspicuous gaze, wanting Tzuyu to merely- look at her. To take a second to catch Sana's longing ogle; Tzuyu doesn't know how good she looks today. How the white cap perfectly framed her small face. How her blue button up shirt had a few too many buttons undone.

It's been an hour now. And Sana despises the sight of Tzuyu, staring so fondly into Nayeon's eyes. Tzuyu belongs to her. How- no. Why. Why did Sana willingly give away HER possession. She never does that. Not without a fight. Sana's greedy. Maybe she just wants them both.

Tzuyu had also noticed Sana's taciturn behaviour today. Her usual confident and talkative demeanour seemed... off. But with Nayeon's head rested cozily within the crook of her neck, Tzuyu paid no heed.

With each passing second, Sana feels like she's drowning. Like Tzuyu's feelings for her are dissolving within the strokes of Nayeon's gentle fingers, lightly tracing circles on the back of Tzuyu's hand.

Sana lowers her gaze. She seemed too engrossed in her "daddy issues" to pick up on the sheer hypocrisy behind her actions. Pining for Tzuyu's attention when someone seeking that same level of recognition from Sana is seated right next to her.

Sana truly doesn't get herself. When can she just be... content. She has a stable job, a perfect boyfriend, loving parents, an introverted sister who rarely talks to her- well Sana doesn't see that as a flaw, just a minor dent in the perfection that is, her life.

So what's wrong?

Tzuyu. No. Sana has Taeyong.

But she makes you happy... you have feelings for her. False. Stop it.

You want her... you want her to kiss you like you're the only girl in the world. You want her to fuck you until her name rolls off your tongue like a mantra, you want her to-

"I SAID STOP!!!" Sana growled. Startled, Nayeon finally parted from Tzuyu's body. Not far, but enough to ease Sana's anger by at least 13%. (Which is the difference between a hard slap in the face, and a mere offensive personalized insult that could tug at all your insecurities in the dictionary of livid Sana.)

Taeyong's suspicion only grew; it doesn't take an Albert Einstein to realize that Sana's been acting distant. Taeyong notices it in the little flinch when he touches her. The whimpers of disapproval when it goes even a fraction more that just a pec on the lips. It's not what couples should be like... right?

Truthfully, Taeyong's quite envious of Tzuyu. Of how she can constantly and effectively linger in Sana's mind, even when they're miles apart. The reoccurring questions of "Will Tzuyu be upset that I ditched her again?" "Will Tzuyu hate me for life after I lied to her about not being with you?"

Will Tzuyu this. Will Tzuyu that. It's almost as if Tzuyu was Sana's real partner.

Shaking away those thoughts, Taeyong clears his throat. "Sana, you seem unwell today. Perhaps we should end this... thing earlier. Some rest might do the trick, perhaps go catch some Zs. I have a business meeting to attend to regardless. See you guys."

He gets up hastily, leaving the three alone in awkward silence.

Nayeon whispers something to Tzuyu, and the tall girl is endeavouring holding back a laugh. Her face scribbled with "I'm dying" all over. Sana finds herself clenching her fists once more. How does Im Nayeon possess the ability to make Tzuyu beam like that.