AVATAR - THE LAST AIRBENDER pt 2

"Austin? Who is it?" Rob asked.

"I-"

Before Austin could finish, the man pounded his fist into the soil, and the walls around him collapsed, as did the ledge Austin was standing on.

Austin fell to the ground with a cry of pain, and the mysterious man showed no remorse, getting back to his feet and taking off.

He was stopped in his tracks as water gushed towards him, freezing him in a spout, with only his head exposed.

"How dare you hurt him." Chance bellowed, tempted to drown him where he stood.

The man growled in reply, but Rob kept a cool head as Adam helped Austin to his feet.

Austin couldn't stand on his own, his leg twisted in an unnatural fashion as he grit his teeth in pain. Adam had to hold back the vomit at the back of his throat, trying to stay strong for his friend.

"Sky will fix me up when we're done here." Austin mumbled.

"Who are you?" Rob asked.

"Hes probably a spy for the fire nation, dressed in Earth nation garb." Adam hissed.

"You're the firebenders!" The man replied, his voice deep.

"Correction, one fire bender." Chance growled.

"Quiet! Both of you!" Rob reprimanded his comrades, before turning back to the man. "We aren't from the fire nation. We're a rogue group that just wants piece. Who are you?" He asked calmly.

The man sighed, relaxing slightly.

"My name is Avi. I'm an earth bender. I live here in the mountains with my friends. I am not fire nation scum." He said smoothly, keeping eye contact with Rob.

Rob could sense his heartbeat, so he knew whether the man was lying or not. As far as he could tell, this man was being honest.

He nodded to Chance, who groaned, before melting the ice back to water, and bending the water off the man.

"I'm Rob, that's Chance, Austin, and Adam." Rob introduced. "We mean no harm. We want to live here peacefully." He said, sending a warning glance to his defensive friends.

Avi sighed, but nodded.

"Do you want to come with us and meet our leader?" Rob offered.

Avi nodded again, his jaw set firmly.

They made their way through the forest. Chance lifted Austin with a bubble of water, lifting him and bringing him back as painlessly as possible.

"I'm.. uh... I'm sorry I hurt you." Avi said apologetically.

"It's all good." Austin smiled, but then winced slightly. "Now all you have to deal with is Sky."

Avi rose his brow, but Austin just chuckled slightly. "You're gonna get hell for this."

As soon as they made it out of the thicket, they were bombarded with the others.

"Austin!" Sky cried, seeing his leg mangled.

"It's nothing I can't handle..." Austin grimaced, forcing a smile.

"Stop acting like a tough guy." She reprimanded, looking him over. "Who did this?"

The men looked between one another, before Avi came forward from behind them.

"Who the heck are you?!" Sky hissed. She looked between the group, before it clicked. "You did that to him..."

She lunged, but was held back by Alex and Brea.

"Sky, calm down..." He warned, making her huff. She pulled away, taking control of the water underneath Austin, and bringing him to the spring to heal him.

"That's Sky. She's courting Austin, and she's also our healer." Rob said, gesturing to where she was.

"I assumed so..." Avi grimaced.

He looked to the other two who were standing there.

"I'm Avi." He introduced.

"I'm Brea, another firebender." Brea greeted with a nod.

"Hi! I'm Alex!" Alex said, holding out his hand. "I'm the third Waterbender of our tribe."

Chance rose his eyebrow. His friend was never this welcoming. It took a long time to earn his trust. It must have been something about Avi...

Avi took the young man's hand, a small smile on his face.

"Our boss is this way. C'mon." Alex said, gesturing to the large stone structure.

Avi nodded, following behind him.

**

"I'm going to hurt him." Sky mumbled, helping Austin sit on the ledge of the warm spring.

"It's nothing, darlin. He was protecting himself, and his friends."

She huffed, knowing there was no use in arguing.

"Chance, I need your help!" She called.

He came to her aid. She explained it was broken, and needed to be set correctly. She sank onto her knees, taking out her canteen. Inside the canteen was special healing water from the pool in the northern tribe. Said pool was usually visited by spirits, so it contained properties that made it easy to heal people.

She used her abilities to numb the pain, her palms glowing a light blue as the water enveloped his leg.

Chance made quick work of setting it, the only thing escaping Austin being a faint whimper.

Sky thanked Chance, before carefully placing her hands near the break. Her hands pulsed with the blue glow, and Austin soon felt strange. A warm yet eery feeling.

She finished, and leaned back on her hands as he stood.

"Woah! I didn't think it'd be fixed this fast!" Austin marvelled.

"I was taking care of you. What'd you expect?" Sky deadpanned, slightly out of breath. She was obviously exhausted from the intense healing she pulled off.

He frowned, scooping her up out of the pool.

"Rob?" He asked. The Earthbender nodded, stomping, and a small tent, similar to the large structure.

Austin brought the Waterbender into the tent, setting her down. He quickly fetched the blankets and furs she'd swiped, and made a pallet.

They both laid down, Austin pulling her too his chest.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"I'd do it again if I had too." She hummed.

**

After making sure Austin was good, Chance and Rob made their way to the main tent.

The rest of the benders were gathered around the fire, talking to Avi.

"If you're truly who you say you are, my friends and I can show you the ropes. We have a clearing where we've started building a village. One day, it will be a safe space. For all benders." Avi said with finality.

"We'd love to meet them." Angie smiled warmly, and Adam nodded.

"Is the camp far?" Tim asked, to which Avi nodded.

"It's about two hours trek." Avi answered.

"What were you even doing out here?" Adam marvelled.

"I'm the scout. I came to make a deal with some of the villagers... I just never got there."

"Sorry about that..." Adam chuckled nervously.

"No harm done." Avi smiled warmly.

"We'll take the trip tomorrow morning. You should stay with us for the night. Eileen and Rob can set you up with a tent for yourself." Tim said.

Avi thought it over, then nodded. "I'll stay the night. We set out at dawn."

This isn't done yet 😅 I promised a friend I would update.... Yesterday.

Sorry!

Anyways, I'll be writing a third part and it should be out by next week!

Hopefully 🤷‍♀️