• Chapter One •

In Brooklyn, New York, in what may appear to mundanes as just an abandoned old church was actually the New York Institute to the Nephilim, Shadowhunters.

In her bedroom, a tanned skinned girl stood in front of her mirror looking at two different wigs. She was dressed in a white leather skirt and top to match with white heeled ankle boots. Her dark black hair was left loose, the waves falling down her back and shoulders ending at her midrif.

She tilted her head, pursing her lips as she tried to make a decision on which wig to choose. She then turned to face another girl, similar in looks to herself but she was much shorter and only this girl was dressed in black skinny jeans, black ankle heeled boots, a black crop top exposing her toned flat stomach. "What do you think Liyah?"

The shorter girl rolled her eyes. "Just pick one already before Alec flips that we're late." She responded. The taller girl pouted playfully and turned back to her mirror looking at the wigs.

"Isabelle, Aaliyah, lets go." A masucline voice called to them.

Aaliyah turned to her twin with a small smirk and pointed look. "I told you." She sang playfully and walked out.

Finally making a decision, Isabelle tossed the turqouise dipped wig aside and spun the white one on her hand as she walked out to her siblings with a smile on her face. "Hey there big bro." She smiled up at her older, much taller brother.

The young man, like Aaliyah, was dressed in all black. He wore black jeans, a black shirt, with combat boots and sported a leather jacket with a pair of fingerless gloves on his hands. He looked at Isabelle up and down before giving her a pointed look. "Really?" He questioned.

Aaliyah smirked and walked ahead of her siblings while Isabelle shrugged and responded to her brother. "What can I say? Demons dig blondes." She ran her slender fingers through the wig as Alec fixed his gloves walking beside her.

"Of course they do." He said sarcastically and then pointed to the wig in her hands "And that's white." He smirked slightly.

"Platinum." Isabelle corrected him. "And they don't exactly like Shakespeare, okay Alec?"

"You're planning on destracting on your own." Alec rolled his eyes.

Isabelle smirked up at him "So be yourself? Is that what you're trying to say?"

Shaking his head at his younger sister, they walked down the stairs into the main area of the Institute. "Nevermind. You're looking good. Let's go."

Already waiting there was Aaliyah along with two blondes. The first blonde was slightly shorter than Alec was but nonetheless tall. His hair was slicked back and he wore a pair of black jeans, black combat boots, a dark grey t-shirt with a black sleeveless hoodie. Like Alec, this male, too, wore black fingerless gloves.

The second blonde stood beside Aaliyah. She was taller than Aaliyah and a few inches taller than Isabelle. She wore black skinny jeans, with a dark grey crop top under her black leather jacket with a pair of heeled combat boots. Her blonde hair was left loose in waves that ended by her midrif. Her blue eyes landed on Alec and Isabelle entering the room.

"We're ready, Jace" Isabelle looked towards the blonde male who was busy at one of the many monitors in the room.

He turned to face the dark haired siblings, looking at Isabelle's choice of wardrobe. "Nice choice, Izzy." He commented. "Demons dig blondes."

Isabelle smirked at Alec. "Told you." Alec rolled his eyes with a slight shake of his head.

"Its platinum." He said, repeating Isabelle's statment from earlier.