• Chapter Nine •

In the infirmary, the twins stood in front of Alec while Allison sat beside him on the bed as Robert tended to his wound.

The humming of Robert's stele was heard and Alec flinched slightly.

"Don't squirm." Robert scolded his son.

"I'm not." Alec sighed. "It doesn't even hurt."

"We all know that's a lie." Isabelle gave him a pointed look just as his phone began to ring.

Alec reached into his pocket and got his phone out and saw that it was Jace calling him.

As he was about to answer, Allison took his phone from him. "No talking, just healing." She said which caused the raven haired boy to sigh defeatedly.

Allison gave him a small smile before standing up and answering the call. "Alec, I need you. " She heard her brother's voice immediately.

"More like Allison, big brother, and we need you." She said as she walked the halls of the Institute. "There's been an attack here at the Institute."

"An attack?" Her brother asked with confusion.

"Valentine created a Forsaken and it got through the wards." The blonde explained.

"That's not possible, Ally. Nothing can get through the wards. It's warlock spells defending against all Downworlders."

Sighing, Allison continued. "Well, this one did. It had Seelie blood with angel properties." She paused. "Jace, it went after Hodge and Alec."

She heard worry in her brother's voice. "Are they okay? Is Alec--"

"They're banged up but they'll live." Allison cut him off. "Hodge killed it. He was after the Cup." She heard her brother sigh before answering.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

The blonde girl sighed before making her way back but stopped in HQ when she saw Alec, Robert and Magnus who were busy with the wards.

Once Magnus and Robert left, she made her way over to the raven haired boy. She went to touch his bandaged arm.

"How's your arm?" She asked softly only to have Alec flinch back from her.

"It's okay. I'm fine." He said.

A flash of hurt could be seen in the girl's eyes before she sighed, handing his phone back. "If anything would have happened to you--" She began but was cut off.

"Allison, I'm good." Alec said. "I gotta..."

"Go? Yeah..." The blonde nodded. "You're a busy man." She gave a small smile.

Alec looked at her once more before leaving.

Allison bit her lip and sighed while watching his retreating figure. She got lost in her thoughts but was quickly pulled out of it by Isabelle's voice.

"Meliorn?" The raven haired girl walked over to the Seelie guard who was being escorted in by two Shadowhunters. "What are you doing here?"

"The Clave called me in for some kind of conference." The dark haired man answered her and was enveloped into a hug by the girl in front of him.

"I'm so happy to see you." Isabelle whispered into his ear.

"Spare me. Your fire message clearly stated that you never wanted to see me again." Meliorn rolled his eyes, removing Isabelle from himself.

Isabelle frowned. "My family--"

"Depises Downworlders. It's only common knowledge." The Seelie cut her off.