• Chapter Ten •

Isabelle entered HQ, only to find Alec there. Rolling her eyes, the raven haired girl continued to walk until Alec caught her arm.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked.

"Where I needed to be." Isabelle answered. "Away from you and your fiancé."

Sighing, the elder sibling looked at his sister. "Jace and Clary are on the run, Allison has left, possibly to help her brother. I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth." Alec replied.

"I don't need protecting. Meliorn is alive, that's a that matters." She glared, turning to walk before Alec stopped her once more.

"Just tell me this..." He started. "Is there any way Raj has seen anything incriminating?"

The siblings glanced at Raj who was being questioned by Lydia before looking at each other.

Little did they know that Lydia was watching the siblings from the corner of her eye.

"So let me get this straight, I must go into this alternate dimension with the little girl to find Valentine? Are you serious Jace? What makes you think I'd help her?" Allison folded her arms

"Ally, please. Do it for me." Jace pleaded.

Rolling here eyes, she gave in. "You're pathetic. Fine. I'll help her."

The twins moved closer to where Meliorn was busy opening the portal into another dimension.

"This will establish a connection to the other dimension." The Seelie guard announced to the three Shadowhunters.

"What's it like? This other dimension? Is it like this one?" Clary asked.

"It is but it isn't." Meliorn replied.

"Could you be anymore vague?" Allison asked causing the Seelie to throw a smirk in her direction.

"It's an alternate time line. Shadowhunters and demons no longer exist." Meliorn began to explain. "Downworlders have conformed to the mundane way of life."

"What happened to the Shadowhunters?" Clary asked.

"Their services were no longer needed." He answered. "Once you enter the dimension, you both will assume the bodies of the Allison and Clary of that world. Think and feel just like they do."

"But we'll still know we're us, right? That we have to find the portal?" Clary got no answer.

"There's a catch." Allison announced, eyeing Meliorn.