• Chapter Six •

Back at the Institute, Isabelle filled her mother in on the recent events of their mission.

"You're sure the Seelies think Valentine killed their scouts?" Maryse questioned her eldest daughter as they walked into the HQ.

"Yes, that's why they've broken contact with the Clave. They're considering switching sides." The raven haired girl answered.

Maryse turned her head to glance at her daughter. "That's totally irrational." Her voice lacking emotion.

"It's self preservation." Isabelle paused in step, causing Maryse to stop and face her. "They think Valentine can win. Seelies always want to be on the winning side." She took a step closer to her mother, a hint of a smirk pulling at the corners of her mouth.

"Never trust the people who can't lie." Maryse eyed the girl before her. "They find much more inventive ways to stab you in the back." Isabelle's gaze dropped from her mother to the ground at the woman's words.

"I suppose you find that attractive." Maryse commented before walking off, leaving Isabelle to stare at her mother's retreating figure.

Meanwhile, at Magnus' loft, Clary knelt beside Luke's side as she watched him with evident worry

Meanwhile, at Magnus' loft, Clary knelt beside Luke's side as she watched him with evident worry. Simon looked at his best friend and frowned.

"You okay?" He asked and got a nod as a response from the red haired girl.

Simon stepped closer, resting his hands on her shoulders. "Clary, it's me... I know how much he means to you." He said softly.

Sighing and getting to her feet, Clary looked at Simon. "How could I have doubted him? Si, he's the only father I've ever known. I can't lose him!" Her voice began to get shaky immediately causing Simon to pull her into his arms, hugging her.

Magnus walked in, causing the two to split apart. "The bark will stop the transformation for now. But Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system." He said, placing down various bowls and bottles before glancing at the pair. "And I don't have all the ingredients here." He added before hurrying to his balcony.

"Just tell us what you need and we'll get it." Clary said, watching the warlock move across the apartment in a hurry.

"No, you stay here." Magnus pointed to her. "Luke will need you if he wakes up."

Clary gave the warlock a slightly alarmed look "When he wakes up." She corrected.

Simon turned to the green eyed girl. "I'll go." He said before a certain blonde haired Shadowhunter walked in.

"I'll go." Both Clary and Simon turned to the owner of the voice.

"Jace," Magnus walked in, pausing next to Jace and tilting his head to the side to inspect the bloody mark at his nose. "What happened to you?" The warlock asked before hurrying off again.