• Chapter Thirteen •

"How could I not know?" Jace said as he slammed his hands down. Clary watched the angered blonde from her spot on her bed. "I spent my whole life not knowing who I was but the one thing I know for sure is that you are not a bad person. You're not Valentine." She said softly.

"I should have killed him." He muttered through gritted teeth. "And yet, I can't shake the feeling that he was right."

"Jace, Valentine is mine and Allison's father too." The red head walked up to him. "We are the same."

"No we are not, Clary!" Jace snapped as he faced her. "Jocelyn raised you, Allison and I were raised by Valentine and a pair of baby booties and a rattle aren't going to change that!"

"Stop!" Clary glared at him. "I can't even begin to explain what happened but our Mom can. We are so close to waking her up." She watched him pinch the bridge of his nose with a heavy sigh. "If you want answers as badly as I do, we have to go back to Hotel Dumort and talk to Camille."

"Fine." Jace replied. "Where's Simon?"

The sibling ran out into HQ and saw the vampire heading towards the door.

Clary ran up, trying to catch up to him. "Simon, wait!" She called and the boy turned to face her.

"What's going on?" He asked while looking at the blonde and red head.

"I need your help." Jace said causing the vampire to frown before he turned to Clary.

"The Book of the White. It contains the spells that can wake my Mom but it was hidden so Valentine couldn't find it." The red head explained.

"We have a lead." Jace looked at Simon as Clary held up the bookmark.

Simon frowned at it before looking at his best friend. "The bookmark of the White?"

"It's the piece of the book itself. Magnus tracked its owner to Hotel Dumort but it belongs to Camille." Clary said.

"Okay, um..." Simon cleared his throat before nodding. "I'll set a meeting with Raphael."

"Thank you." Clary gave him a small smile and watched him leave before she turned to Jace.

Alec sighed as he walked up to his mother

Alec sighed as he walked up to his mother. "Have you spoken to Lydia? No one has seen her since the wedding."

Maryse remained silent which caused Robert to look over at the two. Alec frowned. "Mom, come on..."

"Maryse." Robert said softly as he walked up to the two.

"Mom, I understand that you're upset but this is--"

Maryse put her tablet down and cut off her son. "You've embarrassed all of us."

Alec stood straighter at this. "Why?" He asked. "Because Allison isn't your ideal choice?"