• Chapter Five •

Looking at the Clary's necklace which he held up in front of him, Jace turned to the red haired girl.

"And he spoke to you?" He asked, earning a nod as response from the clearly shaken girl.

"He said my name. He said 'Your mother for the Cup. '" Clary replied.

"Who said that?" A voice spoke out, startling Clary who turned around with Jace to find Alec enter the room.

"Valentine." The couple answered simultaneously.

"He's with my mother.." Clary added.

"And he can speak to you through your necklace?" The eldest Lightwood sibling walked in further. "Here in the Institute?"

"A portal shard." Jace spoke up while inspecting the necklace in his hands. "That's why your mother made sure you had it." He turned to Clary.

"All I know is what I saw and that is my mother. She's unconscious but she's alive." She said turning from the blonde male to the dark haired male.

"Where are they?" Alec question with no emotion.

"I don't know.." Clary shook her head with a frown etching onto her face.

"Yet you said that you saw them." Alec arched an eyebrow, beginning to interrogate her on what exactly she saw in her vision.

"I don't remember.." Clary responded as Jace stepped closer, looking at his parabatai.

"Alec, lighten up." He said.

Glancing from his parabatai, Alec looked down at the red haired girl again. "Clary, what exactly did you see?" He asked with a softer but still stern tone.

"I told you that I just saw Valentine with my mother!" The girl glared up at him.

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction." Alec stepped closer. "You're ruled by them. We are taught to control them." He continued.

"Yeah?" Clary scoffed. "How's that working out for you?" She rolled her eyes.

Jace sighed heavily, knowing that there was an argument between Alec and Clary waiting to happen.

"It's my job to protect the Institute. If Valentine can see into it, it's a door that I have to shut." Alec fired back which silenced the girl. "Now," He held his hand out to Jace. "Let me take a look at that thing."

Jace hesitated but dropped the necklace into Alec's hand. Alec, taking hold of it, glanced at the jewel before looking at both Jace and Clary. "Now it's in the proper hands." He said before walking out of the room.

"Hey!" Clary yelled and ran after Alec with Jace in tow.

Looking up from their positions at the monitors, Allison and Aaliyah watched their brothers and Clary walk past with Clary obviously arguing with the dark haired male