Chapter 1

He hit me repeatedly as I screamed for him to stop. The more I screamed, the stronger and harder his punches got. It was almost like my screams encouraged him to continue.

"What did I do?" I whimper in tears in between the punches.

He suddenly realized what he was doing and became apologetic. "Marianna, I'm sorry."

"Whatever, Jordan." I said as I struggled to get up.

"Whatever?" He scoffs before grabbing my arm and bringing me closer to him

"Why do you keep doing this? You say sorry, but you don't mean it. You say you love me, but you don't show it. Why do you keep me here if everything I do makes you so mad that you just hate and want beat me?"

He started lowering his hands. I was in too much pain to flinch at his touch. I'm surprised I've been standing up for this long. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me, knowing it would hurt.

"I do love you, Mari. I love you more than anything else in this world. I just don't know how to show it. I've never felt love before."

"Well, I can tell you that this isn't how it's supposed to feel."

The next thing that he said, made me speechless. It was so random.

"Be honest with me, baby." He backed away from me and leaned against the wall. "Why you stay with me if all I do is love you in the wrong way? You ain't never thought about leaving me and finding someone better?"