Chapter 7

Since today's my brothers birthday this nigga wants me to cook for him. He's inviting a few of his friends and everything's gonna be at his house. I just have to go there and cook.

I'm in the store right now getting eggs cause he forgot to get them. Dumb ass. I gave him a list and he still didn't get everything.

I sighed as I pushed the cart. I started thinking about my baby. I really want him or her to have his or her father in their life but, after all the shit that I went through with that him, I don't know how and if we can. I'm afraid he'll convince me to stay with him and beat me again or he won't believe that this is his baby.

Nelson told me that he doesn't think me and Jordan need to have anything to go with each other but he thinks I should at least tell him that he's gonna be a father. I can't just pretend that my baby's father doesn't exist. What am I gonna say when the baby asks for Jordan? I'm not prepared for shit like that at all. I love this baby so much already, I really do, but I wish it wasn't by Jordan.

I sat the eggs in the cart and then I grabbed my stomach. The baby started kicking me. This baby kicks every time I watch old videos of me and Jordan or whenever I eat peaches. The kicks don't hurt so I think they're happy kicks.

I smiled as I placed my hands on my stomach and looked down. "What you so happy about, baby?" I said out loud.

"Marianna?" Oh gosh. I didn't think I would hear this voice ever again.

"Jordan?"

He came closer to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. He started rubbing my stomach. "Is it mine?" I nodded as our eyes met. "Is that why you left?" He asked me.

"No, I didn't know." I said before backing away from him. "It was nice seeing you." I started pushing the cart but he stopped it with his foot.

"Wait, can we talk? Have lunch, dinner, or something?" He asked me. "Please? I just-"

"Jay, who is this?" Some girl asked Jordan. I raised my eyebrow in confusion as to who she was.

"This my girlfriend, Marianna. The one I was telling you about." But who is she? When is he gonna tell me who the fuck she is? She looks real familiar though

"I'm not ya girl." I said as I rolled my eyes at him. "Now excuse me."

"Just answer my question and then we can go wherever you wanna go, baby." He calmly said. "Look, we're having a baby."

"Are you serious?" His hoe said, upset.

"Fine." I gave in. "I'll have lunch with you, now move!"

He moved his foot and I walked up front to pay for my eggs. He followed me the whole time and even paid for the eggs. He walked me out to my car.

"Baby-"

"Why are you even talking to me right now? Just leave me the hell alone." I was about to open my car door but he grabbed my arm and turned me around so that my back was touching the door and I was looking up at him as he rested his other hand on my car window.

"Mari, I'm not fuckin' playin' wit yo ass! I haven't seen you in almost 6 months. I'll see you later." He leaned in and he kissed me. I can't believe I actually kissed him back and damn I loved it.

He pulled away and looked at me for a little while. He started walking away. I didn't even know that girl was still right here.

"Catch the bus home or some shit." He said to her before walking to his car.

She looked at me and I looked at her.

Fuck it! I gotta ask her. "Where do I know you from?" I asked her.