Chapter 3

(Jordan in the MM)

It was a big portrait of me and Jay.

I was sitting in Jordan's lap wearing this hot pink lace bodysuit, black heels, and my hair was straight with a part in the middle. Jay was kissing my cheek. It was beautiful.

"You like it?" He asked me.

I nodded as he pulled me in closer and hugged me.

***

One week later

Jordan's patents, Ms. Nicole, Mr. John, and his sister, Jennell are here for dinner. Jordan's been doing a lot better. I know it's only been a week, but I see improvement. He hasn't hit me, he hasn't yelled, and he always comes home at a reasonable time...except for today.

"Marianna, I'm so happy my son found someone nice like you." Ms. Nicole said to me. "But I know what he does to you. Why do you stay with me? He hits you, talks to you like you're nothing, and sells drugs."

How the hell does she know all this? I've never told a solo about what goes on in this house. I wouldn't dare. Besides, I'm trapped here. If I leave, he'll find me. Just like he did last time.

"I mean, Marianna he could get locked up at any given moment and then what are you gonna do?" She asked me. "I love my son, but—"

In the event of Jordan's arrest, he promised he would make sure I was taken care of.

"I love Jordan, Ms. Nicole and I'm not gonna leave him." I cut her off. 

"You're a nice girl. If you don't leave because you think this is love, he's gonna love you to death, meaning he's gonna kill. You can find better, honestly." Mr. John said

I tried not to let them or my thoughts get the best of me. I'm going to stick with Jordan and that's it.

"So, where is my brother?" Jennell asked

"I'll call him." I got up to grab my phone and called him, but he didn't answer. A few seconds later, the front door opens and he walks in. I could tell that he was high off something.

I walked over to him and placed my hands on either side of his neck.

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked

He laughed "Yeah. I was with Smoke. That nigga had hella shit." Smoke and Jay were like brother. Smoke is reason I even met Jordan.

*** Flashback ***

Two years ago

"Mom, I almost got caught last time. I can't do this any—"

She held her cigarette in between her lips before she turned around and slapped me. I immediately held my cheek.

"Go in there and get what the fuck I asked you to get and don't fuck up! You know I can't go back to jail. Who gon take care of ya ass if I go back to jail? Huh?" She yelled at me. When I didn't answer, she smacked my thigh because I was hiding my face. "Damn sure won't be ya daddy. You must want me to go to jail so you can have my man all to yourself, you little whore. Talkin bout you a virgin, lyin slut. Go get my damn shit."

I got out of the car avoiding eye contact with them. Especially her boyfriend. I hate the way he looks at me. Whenever I'm home I just lock my door and pray he doesn't break it down one day. My mother is always too high to realize what's really going on.