Chapter 14

Jordan looked over at Marianna in her bright red long scoop neck dress and a black leather jacket on. He watched as her ponytail went up and down as she nodded in agreement to whatever she was talking to his mother about.

He was truly in love with her and nobody could tell him he wasn't. He knew he loved her but growing up, he didn't get shown a lot of love so it was hard for him to show Marianna the love she needs and deeply deserves. He knows Marianna could've gone off to college and left him behind to live a much more happier and successful life and that's something he didn't want to happen.

He doesn't want anybody else to make her happy or even give her the slightest bit of love that he knows he can give her but yet, he doesn't.

He walked over to Marianna. How could he hurt her? How could he do all those awful things to her and she had such a great heart? That's all he thought about. He knows he shouldn't be with Marianna but yet, he has to keep her around. He knows what he has to do. It's time for a change.

He walked over to Marianna and wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. She smiled as he kissed her cheek. She already knew it was him cause she was watching him out the corner of her eye the whole time she talked to his mother. They were talking about her pregnancy and somehow, the conversation drifted off to Jordan's mother, Nicole's pregnancy with Jordan.

"How's everything going?" Jordan asked. He knew his mother adored Marianna which made him love Marianna even more.

"Just fine, son. I'm so happy you decided to visit this year. The family really missed you." Nicole lied. Jordan's family didn't miss him at all. They just wanted to be noisy. They knew that Jordan was a drug dealer and they never liked Jordan. They didn't exclude him from family activities or outings but they'd say stuff about him and always look at him differently.

"Ma, don't even lie to me. You and I both know they didn't miss me." Jordan was starting to get pissed off. He hates it when people lie to him. He was basically squeezing the hell out of Mariana's waist as he started to get more and more pissed off as he thought about the fact that she lied to him.

"Son, really, they asked about you all the time." Nicole loves her son but she knows that if he doesn't stop running these streets, he won't be in his child's life.

"Baby, can you get me a bottle of water?" Marianna cut in. She really didn't want water but she knew that if somebody didn't say something, this house would be destroyed within seconds cause we all know how Jordan gets down.

"Sure. I'll be right back." Jordan walked away to get what Marianna asked for.

"Mama, for the sake of your beautiful house, please don't say anything else about the family. Jordan hates being lied to and he knows when people lie to him." Marianna begged Nicole. Nicole knew she shouldn't have opened her mouth but she wants Jordan to do better and she thought maybe when he saw his family, it would make him wanna stop and better his life but, what she didn't know is, Marianna is bettering his life. Jordan is thinking real hard about quitting but he hasn't brought it up yet. Marianna doesn't even know how important she is to Jordan because he only says how he really feels about her during sex or after he hits her.

Nicole just nodded in agreement as Jordan walked back over with a bottle of water for Marianna. "Thank you." Marianna said as Jordan handed her the water bottle.

"No problem, but I'll be right back." Jordan said before kissing his mother's cheek and then pecking Marianna's lips. Marianna has no idea of where he was going but she wouldn't dare ask.

The last time she asked him where he was going, she had a busted lip. "Umm, where's the bathroom?" Marianna asked Nicole after Jordan walked out the front door. She sat her water bottle down on the table

"Up the stairs, fourth door on your right." Marianna nodded and made her way upstairs. She walked into the bathroom and tried to calm herself down. She thought she didn't want Jordan around but it turns out, wherever he's not in her sight she starts to panic when she thinks about what he could be doing.

"Stress is not good for the baby, Marianna. Calm down, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about." She had to remind herself. She walked out of the bathroom and then door the stairs.

"Marianna, this is Jordan's godmother, Patrice, Patrice this Jordan's girlfriend, Marianna." Nicole introduce the two. Patrice pulled Marianna into a hug.

"How far along are you? What are you having?" Patrice was the only member of Jordan's family who didn't judge him or treated him any differently. He has more respect for her than his own mother. He wishes Patrice was his mother.

Marianna smiled at how interested Patrice was. "I'm almost 7 months and it's a surprise."

"Awwww, I'm so excited already! Nicole, why didn't you tell me sooner than this? I had to find out the day I met the girl? And where the hell is Jordan? I'm gonna beat his ass. I haven't talked to him in months." Patrice said, Patrice couldn't believe Marianna was in her third trimester and nobody told her. Marianna now knows where Jordan gets his bipolar ness and violence ness from.

Patrice was a 38 year old with smooth caramel skin, she stood at 5'5, with thick thighs, and B-cup breast. Patrice's hair was a black bob with honey blonde highlights. She was a very successful lawyer. She's been a lawyer since the age of 21, after graduating high school early and she hasn't lost a case. She plans on being a judge by the age of 45.

Patrice and Marianna talked and laughed the whole day. You would've thought they were best friend that just reconnected the way they talked about everything. Well, almost everything. Patrice loves Marianna already.

Jordan walked in the room and walked over to Marianna. When he saw his godmother, he quickly hugged her cause he knew she wanted to beat his ass.

"Where have you been? And why'd you leave this girl here?" Patrice asked Jordan. He laughed at how she's so quick to take somebody else's side even though he knows she'll always be on his side.

"You kept her company for me, didn't you? Y'all two look like best friends." He joked

"Why you bust through the damn door like you was crazy?" Patrice asked, she knew what he was gonna do but she just couldn't believe he'd actually do it

"Because I have something important to do. Something I should've done a long time ago." He looked at Marianna and then started to get down on one knee.

I decided to make the trip earlier