Chapter 5

We pulled up to his trap house. I hate going in here.

He opened my door and grabbed my hand then we walked in. He always acts like this around his workers.

"Stay right here." Jordan said to me. I nodded then he kissed my forehead before walking into his office.

"You came back? I'm shocked." Smoke said as he approached me.

"How'd you know that I left?" I asked him.

"That nigga was crying and shit cause he thought he would never see you again. My mans really crazy bout you." He said with a smirk. I gotta admit, Smoke is fine but Jordan would kill him and beat my ass half to death.

"He was....crying? Like real tears?"

"Yes." He laughed. "I almost felt sorry for the nigga." He said before slipping something into my pocket. "Gimme a call the next time you serious about leaving." He whispered into my ear. "It was nice seeing you, Mari." He said before walking away.

Jordan came out of his office

"I said I'll be there." He yelled into his phone. "Whenever the fuck I get there, stop bitching! You just a side hoe." He hung up and grabbed my hand, leading me to the car.

***

"You okay?" He asked as I threw my jacket on the floor and put my hair in a ponytail. I walked into the kitchen and he followed me.

"You have hoes? What about me? Huh?" I said as I threw a glass at him. He ducked and it hit the cabinets and shattered. "I'm the only person puttin' up with yo bullshit. I stay with you through all the dumb shit that you do and you wanna cheat on me?! With a dirty hoe?! You just told me you loved me! We just had sex! I just gave yo ugly ass head in the car!" I yelled as I continued to throw anything in my reach at him.

He made his way over to me and pushed me down."I can have whatever the hell I wanna have. You don't run me or my dick, Marianna." He angrily said as he looked down at me. 

I chuckled as I stood up. "I am so sick of your bullshit! I'm tired of you overpowering me, controlling me, beating me!" I pushed him but he didn't move.

I grabbed a knife. "You gon stab me? Go head." I lowered the knife. "Like I thought! Get yo ass upstairs and wait there until I get back." He yelled at me. I took the knife and stabbed him in stomach. It made this really weird noise, but I didn't care. It felt good and I didn't wanna stop.

He didn't make a noise. He just stared at me as he began to sweat while clenching his jaw. He fell to the ground. I bent down and kissed him.

"I really hope you're dead." I said before sighing.

I ran upstairs and stuffed as much money as I could into one duffel bag and some of my clothes into another. I took a quick shower, threw on some clothes, and then I fixed my hair.

I don't wanna take everything with me just in case he dies, I wanna make it look like I was kidnapped. I walked back downstairs and saw him struggling to crawl.

"Awww, poor baby. Are you having a hard time getting up?" I asked while laughing. I climbed onto him as he laid on the ground. I pressed my forehead against his. "Why'd you hurt me, Jay? Why'd you convince me not to go to college? I could've had a better and happier life. Why do beat me? Why are you cheating on me? Why are you so selfish?"

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm sorry. Look, if you stay, I promise I'll forget about the whole thing." He said as he placed his hand on my face. "I was doing better, baby. Wasn't I?"

I leaned down and kissed him on the lips before getting up and kicking him.

"Not good enough." I said before walking out the door. I called Smoke.

"Marianna! I wasn't expecting a call this soon." He answered.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Don't worry about that." He chuckled. "Where do you want me to pick you up from?"